View Poll Results: Who Cleans your windows?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • They don't get cleaned

19 51.35%
  • My building organising cleaning

3 8.11%
  • I clean the windows I can reach

11 29.73%
  • My helper does them

4 10.81%
  • I used a hydrophobic

0 0%
Like Tree43Likes

Who cleans your windows?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Another vote for the rain....

My maid of course! She also carries my laptop bag & umbrella every morning. Cooks my dinner & cleans my shoebox. One of the benefits of living in Hong Kong society.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    We had one of those from Panasonic or some other big company. Tried to get a replacement part or a new one when it broke and was told they wouldn't carry them in HK anymore too much of a risk of being dropped on someone below.
    Rob2020 likes this.

Building management organise it. In principal once a year but apparently they vote every year if they should and after 2/3 years not being cleaned finally beginning of the year they got cleaned.
    I found that the Windows do get dirty a lot no matter how hard it rains.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Gravitas:
    We had one of those from Panasonic or some other big company. Tried to get a replacement part or a new one when it broke and was told they wouldn't carry them in HK anymore too much of a risk of being dropped on someone below.
    me el cheapo one has a string attached to the outside unit and can be tied to the window frame.

me el cheapo one has a string attached to the outside unit and can be tied to the window frame.
    Yes had the same, but the maid had dropped it and broke the loop in the casing that the string attached to, which was why we were looking to replace it.

I can foresee already the headline:

Pedestrian killed by double sided window cleaner falling from the 22 floor.
    shri and JAherbert like this.

Our buildings management usually service us above expectations (e.g. they hang our pictures up, undertake any small repairs required quickly), but they refuse to provide a communal window cleaning service, which I would be happy to contribute extra service charge towards, but they tell me there is no demand. When we asked shortly after we moved in, their very words were that we should get our helper to do them.

Fortunately most of our windows open, so they aren't that hard to clean. We provided our helper with long handled window cleaning equipment and strict instructions that she wasn't to put any more of herself than one arm out of the window and if she really couldn't reach part of the window, to leave it dirty. She is a local and grew up in high rises, so hopefully understands the risks.

McAfee