Like Tree4Likes

Painting Framing? QRE or Dafen Village?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Painting Framing? QRE or Dafen Village?

Ok so I bought some canvasses online and they are quite large. Could only find old posts on framing, is Queens Road East the best place to go?

Or do people take the paintings up to Dafen Village to get framed? If you do that will they send them back to you (even if one is like 2m long?)

The paintings are cool (I think) but not valuable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz:
    (even if one is like 2m long?)
    You need to pay extra on the MTR (if they allow that size at all). If you order from China then transport is an issue too, not all couriers take that size.

I am usually in favor of 'go China', but in this case I would check local first. Too many hidden cost.

Added: in case something goes wrong or breaks it's usually easier to deal with people in HK rather than in China.
    Last edited by flameproof; 19-12-2016 at 10:27 AM.
    Kiz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    You need to pay extra on the MTR (if they allow that size at all). If you order from China then transport is an issue too, not all couriers take that size.

I am usually in favor of 'go China', but in this case I would check local first. Too many hidden cost.

Added: in case something goes wrong or breaks it's usually easier to deal with people in HK rather than in China.
    Have you had things framed in Da Feng? Any recommendations of places to go there for it? I could do the big pictures here but the smaller ones in China, if the cost is really different

My advise it to go to Dafen and look around. There is a Dafen MTR station, but I think it's a good walk from there.

Kiz likes this.

Seems like a very sensible idea haha I need to stop being so lazy

Eric / Wellington St

I use Eric on Wellington Street. He's right across butterfly on Wellington. I've found him to be cheap and reliable - and always does a great job.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaRia:
    I use Eric on Wellington Street. He's right across butterfly on Wellington. I've found him to be cheap and reliable - and always does a great job.
    can you share the rough prices for reference?

Hard to say because it all depends on material. He did for me a frame for a painting that's about 2 x 3ft. Just a frame and backing, no glass and it was 1200. He did a 1.5ft by 4ft poster for 1000.

@Kiz what did you end up doing?
    @AnnaRia got an address or the name of a shop? I have some old photos that I want framed.

99 Wellington St.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    @Kiz what did you end up doing?
    @AnnaRia got an address or the name of a shop? I have some old photos that I want framed.
    Please see Google Maps link. 99 Wellington.
    shri likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast