Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Toilet Bowl Mineral build up and Rust Stains

Toilet Bowl Mineral build up and Rust Stains

Hi

Can anyone recommend a cleaning product that can actually get rid of the mineral build up and rust stain in toilet bowls? I've tried everything that you can get from the supermarkets, Coke, Lemon juice, Vinegar, denture tablets, toilet cleaning solutions and nothing seems to work. I think I might need some strong industrial stuff but where Can i get them?

Any help is appreciated .

Thanks

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Is the mineral deposit around the water line?

One has rust and mineral build up and the other just mineral buildup . Pictures attached. Driving crazy trying to get rid of the stains

The mineral build up is around the water line and at the bottom of the bowl where the water is. There are rust stains as well. I posted some pics but waiting for mod to approve .

Are you flushing regularly? I think we use the Clorox toilet bowl cleaner, they are always clean.

Yeah, flushing regularly when i'm in the apartment but travel for work and can be away for months so i guess that how the build up and rust came about

Makes sense, if you don't use and don't clean then it builds up. Nothing can fix that. Perhaps could empty the toilet when you are gone for months and turn off the water supply.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!
    Makes sense, if you don't use and don't clean then it builds up. Nothing can fix that. Perhaps could empty the toilet when you are gone for months and turn off the water supply.
    You could get a bucket of potable water and tip it in the bowl and cistern and add a drop of bleach in the bowl before you go away for months

Or buy a decent toilet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqRD02EmPv4

Quote Originally Posted by deaddisco
    The mineral build up is around the water line and at the bottom of the bowl where the water is. There are rust stains as well. I posted some pics but waiting for mod to approve .
    It seems they didn't want to approve a pic of Mr Hanky. For rust there's only one solution. Buy some glass wool, some soap, and scrub that stuff.

https://youtu.be/WGooQ8yYC0c

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast