Washing machine repair

Closed Thread

Washing machine repair

Hi, I bought a used Fortress washing machine (it was super cheap and I was dumb enough to not check to make sure it worked before loading it up...), but it isn't turning on. I think it's just a simple electrical plug+needing an extra water plug, but I don't trust myself to try to make the repairs myself.

Does anyone know of a reputable washing machine repair person/company? I'm in Sai Ying Pun/HKU area, so preferably someone already on the island.

Your best bets might be to call the Fortress repair guys and have them check it.

Or... ask your building management for a electrician / handyman contact. They should really have a few that they give to residents. (Assuming you're in a largish-estate)

Yeah, goes with the whole "too good (cheap) to be true." My mistake, but at least if I buy a new one, it won't be a big financial loss.

Just buy a new one. There are some for just 2-3k at Fortress and you can ask for a bunch of free stuff like water kettle, scale, HDMI cables, etc. Repair isn't guaranteed and washing machine's do not last that long.

Quote Originally Posted by nwhoffman:
    Yeah, goes with the whole "too good (cheap) to be true." My mistake, but at least if I buy a new one, it won't be a big financial loss.
    Is it plugged and fuse is ok? Ot doesnt have any symptoms of Turning on or just it cant run? Any error codes?

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq:
    Is it plugged and fuse is ok? Ot doesnt have any symptoms of Turning on or just it cant run? Any error codes?
    I replaced the plug, pretty sure the fuse is okay. Still doesn't turn on, no signs of life whatsoever. I'm not an electrical or electronics pro by any means, which is why I'm not trying to do too much to try to fix it myself. Not trying to blow myself up on accident or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by nwhoffman:
    I replaced the plug, pretty sure the fuse is okay. Still doesn't turn on, no signs of life whatsoever. I'm not an electrical or electronics pro by any means, which is why I'm not trying to do too much to try to fix it myself. Not trying to blow myself up on accident or anything.
    Does the plug point work. Plug another household appliance like a fan or vacuum to see if the plug receives electricity? Circuit breakers not tripped?