Like Tree21Likes

Bought furniture, not delivered, won't refund, what do I do?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bought furniture, not delivered, won't refund, what do I do?

So I bought furniture from a shop in HK and it has been a disaster.

I used credit card and made a payment through paypal. 2 items have not been delivered, they have said I will get a refund ( I have chased since February and still nothing).

What are my options? Its about 2,500HKD (of undelivered items, I'm just going to forget the rest). Can Paypal or my credit card help?

I've never bought something that hasn't arrived.

Assuming you ordered this online, you should raise it with Paypal. From my past experience, they will contact the vendor on your behalf.

Kiz,

Do you mean you paid for something that has never been delivered to you since February ? If that is the case, you should report the case to Gov't Department call "CUSTOM & EXCISE". They should be able to help & prosecute the shop owner.

alexwangmn likes this.

Buying furniture in HK in a shop never requires a prepayment in full even if they are custom made. Next time pay 50% deposit and the remainder in cash after the goods have arrived and in good condition.

Paypal has a 180 days claim policy. Might be difficult in your case as I guess you didn't buy only and there is no tracking. Anyway try, nothing to lose.

Just to clarify it was <snip>, a Hong Kong shop. I looked at their showroom but ended up buying online. They delivered the wrong stuff, broken stuff, and then didn't deliver some stuff (a few items are fine, the rest is crap). Worst customer service ever.

Thanks I'll talk to paypal and also to the police.

I have a very long email chain where they just say goods are broken, not their problem, goods not delivered they will refund later... never do.

@Kiz - I'd rather not have a name and shame thing going on. That company does not have a good reputation. Not sure if it is related to another company that used to do rentals - but plenty of people have had problems with them.

Seems like the only way to get cash back is to go there and create a scene. Rather unfortunate.

MandM! and Fiona in HKG like this.

Ok sorry @shri. Yeah will go make a scene on the weekend when it's busy.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Go ahead and name-and-shame.

They string you along for MONTHS with EXCUSES and LIES. A company like that DESERVES to be publicly humiliated, so that they can't create more victims.

MandM! and HK_Katherine like this.

Name and shame, maybe a rhyme of the name will be able to be posted.

Sorry about that, go there in person and go psycho, start yelling, call the police. Refund should come quickly. CASH REFUND only, don't be duped again.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast