Like Tree3Likes

Taobao - Delivery costs and taxes?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Taobao - Delivery costs and taxes?

Hello,

I am looking to make an order off of Taobao for a few items of furniture. I was wondering if anyone knew of the estimated delivery costs involved and if there any additional taxes to pay once it gets delivered into HK?

thanks!

There are no taxes on furniture (or on anything much except alcohol over 30%, tobacco, and fuel).

Surely the supplier will tell you the delivery cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Donnaclaireuk:
    Hello,

I am looking to make an order off of Taobao for a few items of furniture. I was wondering if anyone knew of the estimated delivery costs involved and if there any additional taxes to pay once it gets delivered into HK?

thanks!
    You work out the delivery cost with the vendor.

No taxes on furniture coming into HK.

That sounds great thanks. I am ordering through a handling agent rather than going through the vendor direct, they are called taobao focus, don't know if anyone has a opinion on this? Only used them as it was easier to use than the taobao website as I don't speak the local language.
    Planning on using EMS for delivery, I'm ordering about 6 pieces of furniture reckon delivery may be quite pricey from the calculator on the website

thanks for the help. Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Donnaclaireuk:
    That sounds great thanks. I am ordering through a handling agent rather than going through the vendor direct, they are called taobao focus, don't know if anyone has a opinion on this? Only used them as it was easier to use than the taobao website as I don't speak the local language.
    Planning on using EMS for delivery, I'm ordering about 6 pieces of furniture reckon delivery may be quite pricey from the calculator on the website

thanks for the help. Much appreciated
    Get a local friend to help you with the order direct on TaoBao.

If we do that do Taobao organise delivery to a home address in HK?

Somebody we know ordered directly with Taobao but then had to communicate in both Manadrin & Cantonese to organise 1 delivery to the Chinese/HK boarder & then get somebody else to collect from the boarder to ship to their home address in HK - it saved them a fortune but they said it was very stressful & we don't feel we can handle communicating between 2 courier firms as that could be a nightmare when crossing a boarder point!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

EMS probably won't ship furniture.

Taobao furniture sellers in Guangdong/Shenzhen are generally familiar with HK buyers and can arrange delivery direct to HK. Just ask them (via someone who can type/read Chinese).

However, unless you know someone who has ordered from the specific Taobao seller, the quality can be quite unknown. You'll probably be better off going to Shenzhen and taking a look at the actual items.

Here's one store: 摩登一百官网

emx likes this.

Do you mean we may be better off buying the item online without delivery & then contacting the shop for each item (we are ordering several items from different shops) to arrange delivery directly with each shop?

the price difference from Taobao and Taobao Focus I've seen is HUGE, if you use facebook, download the picture of the items you want and post on this page, these girls will find the items for you (20% commission for furniture) and see what they come back in pricing including delivery and do a comparison between them and Taobao Focus and off course go with the cheaper option lol

https://www.facebook.com/groups/451950514990911/

So these guys would quote delivery too?

From reading other previous GeoExpat threads it seems people have suggested trying to get all several items delivered to a third party delivery company & asking them to then quote for bulk delivery once they received them all but this seems a risky plan in case any items get lost! Plus if we did this & they then quoted a high price we would be stuck with our paid for goods in China!

Its all a bit confusing...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast