TV repairmen recommendations?

Question TV repairmen recommendations?

Long and short of it -- TV stopped working halfway while watching it; red standby light remains on in the bottom corner but doesn't power on when I manually press the button on the TV or the remote; moving the power cord to a bunch of different outlets doesn't solve anything.

Can anyone recommend a good (and reasonably priced) TV repairmen on HK island? I have a good hunch the problem is easily repairable and don't want to go out and get a new one for this reason. Thanks and good vibes to all

@dranoelr - where abouts do you live on the island?

Quite a few locations are serviced by guys who drive around in vans, park on the street and put up sign board... working out of their van.

Suspect if the red light is on standby and you cannot power it on, you have a fixable problem.

What brand / model do you have? We had a similar problem and found a very exotic fix that involved doing some power on / power off sequences and covering the infrared port / pressing a few buttons to do some sort of hard power module / infrared reset.

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

@shri I live in Soho, near PMQ and Kinwick Center. I've never seen these vans before, or if I did I didn't realize it. What do they look like, and how are their repair rates?

I have a Samsung, model LA32B350F1XZK, version CN02. I figure it's definitely fixable and would prefer not to shell out money for a new tv