Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mrgoodkat

Wormhole in wooden floor

Wormhole in wooden floor

My unit is entirely covered with a wooden floor which for reasons I don't want to explain, cannot be varnished.
    My tenant found this wormhole, and I think it should be treated.

Name:  wooden floor.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  98.4 KB

What kind of products do you recommend I use ? I think at least 2 things should be done:
    1) treat this particular wormhole before it spreads out, perhaps with this ?

Name:  Woodworm Worm Killer 250ml.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  173.1 KB

2) treat the entire wooden floor in the entire apartment with a cap of whatever product I should be using when the floor is cleaned. As a preemptive measure. Problem here, is I need something that is not harmful.

Any experience here and ideas ? My concern is that it spreads out "underneath" other areas where I can't see it.

should have treated the floor boards on all sides before installing them. just putting the stuff on top now wont do much.

TigerSun likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
    should have treated the floor boards on all sides before installing them.
    You're right, I would need to check with the designer if this had been done back then in 2008 but regardless, I now have this problem to deal with. 10 years sounds like a long time (to me). Hopefully it has not spread.

Is there evidence this is new- it could have been there, just gone unnoticed? Topical treatment does work- it's what the product you have found is for.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykaitak
    Is there evidence this is new- it could have been there, just gone unnoticed? Topical treatment does work- it's what the product you have found is for.
    Thanks for that. I have no evidence suggesting it's new, on the other hand my new tenant moved in 2 months ago and during the checkout then checkin, I didn't notice. But it's quite small, I just didn't pay attention.

My wife says some pest control companies have scanners that can look through the wood, they would be able to see if the wood is infested elsewhere in the apartment. May be I should do this. Costs $400.