Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Air Conditioner drain pipes need reconnecting...on 4th floor.

Air Conditioner drain pipes need reconnecting...on 4th floor.

I have two split air-cons that need the drain pipes reconnecting. We are on the 4th floor of a 6 story block and the first contractor we contacted wants to erect scaffolding at great cost.

This is a five minute job and I'm hoping to find someone with an extendable ladder, or willing to abseil!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Don't know if these guys can help but whatsapp them

Li Hang Lun Air-Condition Eng. (Hong Kong) 9215 6988

Thanks Rani, I will give them a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter500
    I have two split air-cons that need the drain pipes reconnecting. We are on the 4th floor of a 6 story block and the first contractor we contacted wants to erect scaffolding at great cost.

This is a five minute job and I'm hoping to find someone with an extendable ladder, or willing to abseil!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Well, a static rope, a hardness and a figure 8 will set you back about a hundred US. The knowledge of how to use them safely = priceless.

I'm to old for that stuff, but sounds like you're up for it!

shri likes this.

I'm to old for that stuff, but sounds like you're up for it!
    I totally would be... if it was my pipe

Would alcohol be an incentive?.....

AFAIK there's NO drain plugs on the split aircon compressor unit, just a drain on the "head-end" - which, in my case sometimes needs clearing by blowing *UP* it to try to get the slime and debris accumulated in the head-end's trough where the condensed water collects to enter the draining tube - without getting a mouthful of shit in your gob !!
    i.e. Don't SUCK !!

'Tis an easy thing to discover - for me anyway - when the aircon in the room starts to drip *inside* the room.

The harder bit is clearing the shit out of the trough with whatever means are to hand - so that self poured water flowed into this trough then gushes out of the draining tube into the main drain on the wall.

YMMV.

Thanks for the reply GC, but the cleaning isn't the problem, the disconnected drain pipes are. They came off during the cleaning.

Thanks for the reply GC, but the cleaning isn't the problem, the disconnected drain pipes are. They came off during the cleaning.
    Luckily the egress on my bedrooms aircons are accessible via a small window beside them.

Perhaps you can call up the distributor's service man and have him clean the head end & reattach the errant drainage tube "whilst he's at it".

[

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast