Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Peter500
  • 2 Post By hkaircon

Air Conditioner drain pipes need reconnecting...on 4th floor.

Closed Thread

Air Conditioner drain pipes need reconnecting...on 4th floor.

I have two split air-cons that need the drain pipes reconnecting. We are on the 4th floor of a 6 story block and the first contractor we contacted wants to erect scaffolding at great cost.

This is a five minute job and I'm hoping to find someone with an extendable ladder, or willing to abseil!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Don't know if these guys can help but whatsapp them

Li Hang Lun Air-Condition Eng. (Hong Kong) 9215 6988

Thanks Rani, I will give them a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter500:
    I have two split air-cons that need the drain pipes reconnecting. We are on the 4th floor of a 6 story block and the first contractor we contacted wants to erect scaffolding at great cost.

This is a five minute job and I'm hoping to find someone with an extendable ladder, or willing to abseil!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Well, a static rope, a hardness and a figure 8 will set you back about a hundred US. The knowledge of how to use them safely = priceless.

I'm to old for that stuff, but sounds like you're up for it!

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter500:
    I'm to old for that stuff, but sounds like you're up for it!
    I totally would be... if it was my pipe

Would alcohol be an incentive?.....

Thanks for the reply GC, but the cleaning isn't the problem, the disconnected drain pipes are. They came off during the cleaning.

Hi Peter,
    If reconnect is too difficult and not safe for the technician, how about you ask them remove some part of the pipe and connect a new pipe to outdoor.
    (remember ask them put more glue!!!)

According the law in here, if technician need to work over/above 2 meters H. Scaffold is require. I know some long ladder can reach 5 meters.

Can you post/send me a picture of your place, I might be able to give u a creative idea to solve the problem..

chuckster007 and jgl like this.

Thanks hkaircon,
    I found a contractor who had a safety harness and climbed over the balcony railing and managed to position himself under the aircons on a ledge. Job done. Hopefully no more leaks!