Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Home Renovation.

Home Renovation.

Any recommendations for a good designer / contractor??

Place needs gutting and redone.

Thanks.

Do you have a per sq ft budget? This will define what "good" is.

I'd personally start with friends / family recommendations over ones on the interwebs.

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Do not have a per sq ft budget (did a place a few years ago and did not track the per sq ft cost and the contractos is no more). Would you know what is the normal? I know it is a broad spectrum but just curious.

No one in my network knows of anyone who has totally gutted a place and started from scratch.

Off hazy memory speaking to friends in the industry, and one renovation, a thousand per square foot for decent (by no means top) quality if you're redoing everything. Things like bathrooms and kitchens being disproportionately expensive for their area.

There is no "good" here, only overpriced. Build quality in HK sucks. I'd go for affordable instead if I were you.

East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thad
    Any recommendations for a good designer / contractor??

Place needs gutting and redone.

Thanks.
    The Kitchen & Bathroom are the biggest costs. Will you be moving walls or reducing the number of bedrooms, bigger kitchen?

Your budget will determine what you do next.

Put more double gang sockets in the wall whatever you do!

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    Put more double gang sockets in the wall whatever you do!
    This.

JGL....Think the 1k/sq ft sounds about right. Will need to redo everything. Might get an architect in to see if can change things around so that may involve breaking walls but nothing sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
    There is no "good" here, only overpriced. Build quality in HK sucks. I'd go for affordable instead if I were you.
    Think it is about trying to find the right balance.

Quote Originally Posted by thad
    JGL....Think the 1k/sq ft sounds about right. Will need to redo everything. Might get an architect in to see if can change things around so that may involve breaking walls but nothing sure yet.
    I spent 700/sf in 2013 so 1k is probably what I would have paid now. FULL renovation (but no wall broken no architect involved as this explodes the bill), and all appliances, furnitures etc included. Basically we moved in with our suit cases (a TV and a PS3).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast