Like Tree13Likes

Reliable & reasonably priced electrical stores/ outlets.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I have to agree with jgl. I bought two Siemens gas hobs and a range hood from Built In Pro and paid a deposit in March. My contractor subsequently informs me that the Siemens range hood’s extraction power is not powerful enough. When I went to the shop to request a change of the cooker hood to one which had greater extraction power, I was told I cannot change the item and if I needed to change I had to pay $500. I had repeatedly informed the sales individual ( K...n) that kitchen renovation is been done and I need to confirm with the contractors etc. She insisted I pay $500 because she had ordered the item! I had to change to bait her brand as Siemens does not have one with a more powerful extraction power. Another electrical shop where I bought my refrigerator and kitchen sink from did create a fuss nor charge me anything when I changed the brand and size of the refrigerator, again due to the renovation requirements. The delivery date for my electrical items were also delayed and changed. I had to pay for delivery charges and they changed the date so that my contractor could not install the items. The schedule had to be pushed back because of Built In Pro.

Jgl is right in saying there is no one to attend to the phone callers - my calls to them go repeatedly unanswered, this is the same with their WhatsApp messages. I had no choice but to go to their shop on four separate occasions and whilst there, have seen customers scolding the sales person for not delivering what they were supposed to.

I have to say that although Built In Pro may have better prices, it is certainly not worth the hassle with them. They are doing well, no doubt, but they are only keen on selling and issuing invoices for payment - once they get that, it will be difficult to contact them for anything else.

shri, JAherbert and Hao Tsang like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Update. I would no longer recommend Built in Pro- as their sales volume to sales staff ratio seems to have gone past the point where any sort of interaction beyond simply giving them money is unworkable.
    Just adding to the thread instead of kicking off a new one.

I bought a fridge off eCox. They were extremely good.

Ordered Friday, competent comms over WhatsApp.

Delivery, installation and removal were performed Saturday.

Possible minor issue with the fridge, messaged eCox again late Saturday, was told Sunday that they'd arrange someone from the vendor to look at it. I half expected this be forgotten about due to my experiences with Built In Pro (and tbh the issue seems to be settling down). Got a message on Monday that a tech visit has been scheduled.