Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bsh
  • 1 Post By Elegiaque

Buying Plants in HK

Closed Thread

Buying Plants in HK

We've been looking to buy some plants in HK. Mostly herbs, we got a few ferns at the market in Wan Chai and want to move on to bigger plants like rubber tree (at the wan chai market they're selling it for 400 HKD), lemon tree (600 HKD at the market), etc. The plant shops in the Wan Chai Market are outrageously expensive. Where would be a good place to get some plants, herbs, etc in HK? I am not sure if Prince Edward flower market sells any?
    Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Flower markets in Prince Edward sell lemon tree (haven’t seen rubber tree) and various herbs.

Best is to join gardening groups and then you can join exchanges, sharing seeds and cuttings!

There are several on Facebook as well as the Hong Kong gardening society.

The Flower Market in my experience is still expensive. Also look for advertisements from people selling them in classifieds if they are moving. It's how I got many of my plants.

HKCouch likes this.

Prince Edward flower market sells all kinds of herbs at $15-20 a pot.

Quote Originally Posted by littlemermaid:
    Prince Edward flower market sells all kinds of herbs at $15-20 a pot.

have also bought the pots from the market and repotted them at home.

Wah King garden centre has about 4 branches in the Mong Kok area . The Sai Kung branch definitely has fresh herbs ( mint, basil, rosemary, curry plants and still has strawberries.) if you drive to the Sai Kung one, there is public parking nearby.

https://www.wahking-garden.com/

Elegiaque likes this.