Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Bathroom renovation HK island

Bathroom renovation HK island

Hi, I'm looking to do a good bathroom only renovation for my flat. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good contractor I can contact? I've looked into a few posts on here but they are mostly rather old.

Also, I'm targetting 120k hkd budget for the entire job but able to do up to 175k if required. Does this seem doable in today's market?

Quote Originally Posted by strikeblue
    Hi, I'm looking to do a good bathroom only renovation for my flat. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good contractor I can contact? I've looked into a few posts on here but they are mostly rather old.

Also, I'm targetting 120k hkd budget for the entire job but able to do up to 175k if required. Does this seem doable in today's market?
    Size?
    Fixtures needed?

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    Size?
    Fixtures needed?
    About 6.5 x 5 ft of space. Yes to fixtures, possibly pipe work done as well. Everything needs to be torn down. Probably only thing I could keep is the water heater.

I had both my bathrooms completely redone about 3 years ago and used a company called Creative Health They are based in Mongkok but cover the whole territory. very happy with their work. The project manager was a chap called Karl Chiu. Details are:
    T: 36788459
    Unit 2001, Mongkok Commercial centre, 16 Argyle Street, MK
    Karls details: (he speaks really good English) [email protected] T: 96821422.

They will come around and measure for a quote.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PointingFinger
    I had both my bathrooms completely redone about 3 years ago and used a company called Creative Health They are based in Mongkok but cover the whole territory. very happy with their work. The project manager was a chap called Karl Chiu. Details are:
    T: 36788459
    Unit 2001, Mongkok Commercial centre, 16 Argyle Street, MK
    Karls details: (he speaks really good English) [email protected] T: 96821422.

They will come around and measure for a quote.

Thanks for the info! Still open to more recommendations if anyone else has any.

Hi, thanks for the info! I'm open to more recommendations if anyone else has any, or opinions about my budget.

Budget - Shop around for tiles and materials yourself to make sure they meet your requirements. Plenty of shops in the Mongkok and Wanchai "renovations areas", forgotten the street names.

Find what you want at a good price and tell your contractor. You should be able to split the trade discount your contractor. Most will be willing to do this.

If not, buy the products yourself.

MandM! likes this.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

we got about 3 or 4 quotes before settling on these guys. We picked and supplied all the stuff apart from the cabinets/counter top which they got done for us to our specs. But everything else: tiles (floor and wall), toilet sink, taps, shower stuff we went and bought and gave it to them to fix. The only thing we did without them was the sliding shower doors. Their door price was a bit too much and we found much cheaper (but top quality) alternatives along Shanghai St in MK (price will include installation). So you can pick and choose what you want them to do. This is pretty standard for renovation companies in HK.

shri and strikeblue like this.

Also, look at Taobao for accessories - those are severely overpriced here in HK.

PointingFinger and strikeblue like this.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Some suggestions

- Use Porcelain tiles not ceramic - much tougher and lower water absorbency
    - Wall Hung toilet - Easier to clean and save space - We all need space
    - Rain Shower
    - LED Fog free mirror

strikeblue and drumbrake like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast