Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dynamco

Where to buy builders plastic?

Closed Thread

Where to buy builders plastic?

Anyone know where I can buy builders plastic? Or polythene sheets is another name. It's the thin black plastic sheets, often 10m or 20m rolls. Often used for moisture barrier under concrete or temporary weather protection.

My local guy has a few random plastic sheets but it's the cheap woven 2-colour kind that isn't what I'm after. I assume I need to head to Kowloon, but not sure where exactly.

If anyone can also give the Chinese name/characters that'd also be really helpful.

Thanks!

any decent hardware store
    where are you
    HKI go to Johnson Rd
    Kln go to Reclamation street
    NT many
    yat guen sok gau

I'm in NT East so Taipo, Shatin, Sai Kung, TKO, Kwun Tong or anywhere in Kowloon are all good. The other one I've tried was Tung Hing in SK but they didn't have what I wanted either.

Also will want to look at waterproofing and exterior paint options for another time so if there are shops nearby that's a bonus.

go to Yuen Long = Man Cheong
    largest hardware in HKG
    ask for Marco
    Man Cheong Metals And Building Materials Co., Ltd.

gigglinggal likes this.

Bit of a drive but if I can get a bunch of different things in one hit then it's worth it. Will ask for Marco, presumably he speaks English, because my Cantonese isn't good enough to discuss something like this!

Thanks

Marco was educated at a US university
    they represent every major power tool mfr and as I told you they are the biggest hardware in HKG with separate sections for steel , paint, etc