Door Lock help

Door Lock help

Questions

1) Can I just replace the inside part of the door lock in this case the door knob and maybe the tumbler latch part without having to replace the outer parts of the door lock

2) I was trying to remove the door knob. I can't see the little latch area that you insert a screw driver into and twist to pop off the door knob. Isn't that standard on all door knobs? or maybe not in Hong Kong or maybe I am blind?

posting photo here

Last edited by chichow; 01-10-2019 at 12:24 PM.

If you are changing the locks, there is a tube/cylinder where you insert the key. That's is the only thing that needs changing when it comes to changing the door lock.

Once you get that its easier to figure out.

You can swap the insides. I do that all the time. Just make sure you get the same brand.

There is no key for this lock. It is strictly a handle to hold on to to push open and to close the door. The door is actually key locked with separate dead bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by chichow
    There is no key for this lock. It is strictly a handle to hold on to to push open and to close the door. The door is actually key locked with separate dead bolts.
    Your knob may be the screw type, where the whole knob is mechanism is screwed on to the door. The screws may be under the protective cover.

There are a few YouTube videos which explain how to find the release and also replace the 'lock' .. would recommend finding one similar to your lock.

I am mechanically challenged and was able to replace a door lock after watching a couple and figuring out how they are put together.