Like Tree13Likes

Good quality fake Christmas tree: where ?

Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South of Sweden
    Posts
    3,853
    Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66
    We got ours from Ikea a couple of years ago, it’s fine. Model is Fejka, plenty of branches, looks full without being overly wide. I know they are out of stock now, but they should have more in before Christmas.

    Looks like the model we bought.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Hong-Kong
    Posts
    5,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit
    No joke, but was that the cheapest one?
    My wife says she bought it at IKEA in Singapore when we moved over there (so should be in 2005), but she doesn't recall if it was the absolute cheapest.
    I've been forwarded a lead this morning which we're going to investigate, if it fails, yes we'll go to SSP and take a look.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    4,540

    OMG! Sham Shui Po is the place to go! Haven't been in a few years but I picked up amazing ornaments from Fuk Wing St! If you go early you should be able to park on the street.


  4. #24

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South of Sweden
    Posts
    3,853
    Quote Originally Posted by jrkob
    My wife says she bought it at IKEA in Singapore when we moved over there (so should be in 2005), but she doesn't recall if it was the absolute cheapest.
    I've been forwarded a lead this morning which we're going to investigate, if it fails, yes we'll go to SSP and take a look.
    If bought in 2005 ( when my husband and I bought our first one in Australia from IKEA, now deceased tree along with beloved cat) , then I am surprised it has lasted this long. I just put ours up, also IKEA bought in Singapore, and it is leaning to one side....it has always leant to one side like an inebriated Dalek. Head on over the SSP, I really miss that place. You can probably buy some Christmas lights also from the stores just outside of MTR exit A.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Hong-Kong
    Posts
    5,622

    Ok so I eventually bought one from this store below, recommendation from a good folk of this forum. My wife called them, they indicated a shop (in Flower Market) that were selling them, she went, display model looks awesome, but no stock for the model we want, so I ordered it online. Should be arriving in a day or two. I note it is made of recycled material.


    https://www.oncortrees.hk/Default.aspx

    Elegiaque likes this.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    4,540

    @jrkob super! You now need decorations! I bought some last year from taobao


  7. #27

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,344
    Quote Originally Posted by jrkob
    Ok so I eventually bought one from this store below, recommendation from a good folk of this forum. My wife called them, they indicated a shop (in Flower Market) that were selling them, she went, display model looks awesome, but no stock for the model we want, so I ordered it online. Should be arriving in a day or two. I note it is made of recycled material.
    Huh! Interesting! Sounds like a good choice.

    I wonder how they recycle PVC plastic into these trees.... I thought PVC wasn't easily recycled.

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Hong-Kong
    Posts
    5,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque
    I wonder how they recycle PVC plastic into these trees.... I thought PVC wasn't easily recycled.
    This is exactly what I was thinking, and also, still a lot of plastic. But at least it's not "new" plastic. Assuming what they say is true...

    @rani we have 2 big bags of decoration stuff, with some of it of very decent quality (I know it doesn't show on my earlier screenshot !). I will post a picture when all done.
    Elegiaque and Natfixit like this.

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    28,643

    By the way, the website jrkob posted.. Is completely different and modern on a mobile device. They don't even have a contact number or address on their desktop site..


Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3