Curved rails and curtains for bay windows

Red face Curved rails and curtains for bay windows

Hi Friends,

I have just changed the flat and looking for curved rails for my bay windows. I have asked few shops near by they have normal straight rails but not curved one.

Anyone has experience about where to buy curved rails for bay windows in decent price.

You can see sample bay window like below:

Any advice can be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

https://geoexpat.com/forum/52/thread324117.html

Bay windows will typically have 3 separate straight sections with separate blinds. You're not going to find pre-bent rods in exactly the right angle and length (stocking this makes no sense), maybe you could get them made with someone visiting your home, but it's pretty unlikely with that tight a bend radius.

If you want to do this cheap, just use a single section of rail set further back from the window to block off the entire bay area.

any other suggestions ?

The angle there is too sharp for a curved rail. What jgl said - use three straight rails for blinds or curtains.

The edges look quite narrow as well so not sure if you can attach any railing. You can go to a curtain and blids store and show them the photo to see what they think.

An alternative is to buy frosted adhesives to stick on the window. Won't keep all the light out but people wont be able to see in clearly.