Anyone have a whirlybird on their village house? (roof ventilation fan)

Anyone have a whirlybird on their village house? (roof ventilation fan)

I'm thinking ahead of ways to reduce heat in the room I have on the roof. It's one of those demountable things with a roof made from foam with that zinc stuff either side. No one lives in this room, it's more for storage but consistent 45+deg temps for a lot of the year just damages the stuff I store in there.

I've found one that's 'cyclone resistant' and good for winds up to 180km/hr from Australia. Solar powered and will turn itself on when temps hit a certain level, so doesn't only rely on convection or a breeze. Great for those dead still stinking hot days.

I've never seen one in HK and not really sure why? Is there a reason? Can't be for typhoons since there are ones rated for crazy weather, unless I'm missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by gch555
    I've never seen one in HK and not really sure why? Is there a reason? Can't be for typhoons since there are ones rated for crazy weather, unless I'm missing something?
    Everyone has a concrete roof perhaps?

This sort of thing?

Name:  Vent-tool-solar-home-system-Solar-Power.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  366.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by emx
    Everyone has a concrete roof perhaps?
    I'm not talking about the top concrete slab, more the additional enclosures that are very common on their rooftops, which are often either a bedroom, laundry room or storage.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    This sort of thing?

Yep exactly that sort of thing.