Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By saury316
  • 1 Post By aw451

Bathroom and kitchen renovation

Closed Thread

Bathroom and kitchen renovation

Hi all....i am looking to renovate my entire apartment but would like to move the bathroom and kitchen to different areas of the flat. Does anyone have experience of doing this, whether its worth the hassle with the plumbing and pipes etc. thanks!

Do you live in a village house or a high rise?

high rise flat....pretty sure there is a flat on another floor which has moved the bathroom when i looked on some rental ads.

You will likely have to install a macerator system which could affect the value of your property when you want to sell it, since the toilets won't work in the event of a power failure. This is technically not up to code, if you don't have a second bathroom, but your bathroom installer will happily do it anyway.

jason11169 likes this.

Hey Jason. We've moved bathrooms around and added bathrooms in our apartment... but did not move the kitchen.

It was a bit of a hassle, because most buildings have set places where the water heater can be due to exhaust and piping (if you're using gas-heaters.. doesn't apply if it's electric but those tend to have lower pressure/output), but it's been about 8 years and so far no issues with any leaks or clogs. We were able to do all the moving without needing a macerator, but only because we added a step in certain sections of the apartment to create some height and allow gravity to do it's magic with the plumbing out of the bathrooms.

jack55 and jason11169 like this.

Check with the building (condo) management company, as there may be regulations covering the moving of lavatory waste pipes, etc. It's expensive to cope with the consequences of not complying, especially if the Buildings Dept becomes involved.