Like Tree17Likes

what's your experence of smart digital lock within HK or are you considering to install one soon?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by big_panda:
    I thought about getting one, but we have a steel gate on the front door, so we would still need to use a key.
    well do you have to use the steel gate?

I've had a fingerprint lock for my front door for about 10 years since I moved in. One of the best decisions i've made so that I don't have to worry about carrying a key, don't worry about forgetting my key (i live alone), it has a passcode for when my friends or relatives visit, and for when I let out for Airbnb.

I've never had a problem with it breaking down, i've never even had the battery run out on me. It starts alerting me over 2 weeks before and I guess if you still haven't gotten round to replacing the batteries in that time, thats your fault...

imparanoic and blueagles like this.

i have this one install at my place, but i have not moved back in yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01NA_cy5D9M

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:
    I've had a fingerprint lock for my front door for about 10 years since I moved in. One of the best decisions i've made so that I don't have to worry about carrying a key, don't worry about forgetting my key (i live alone), it has a passcode for when my friends or relatives visit, and for when I let out for Airbnb.

I've never had a problem with it breaking down, i've never even had the battery run out on me. It starts alerting me over 2 weeks before and I guess if you still haven't gotten round to replacing the batteries in that time, thats your fault...
    Which one do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:

This works in HK but in the US if a thug were to notice you might be a victim of forced entry as a hostage or possibly get youe finger ("key") cut off just to open the door.

jgl

what's your experence of smart digital lock within HK or are you considering to install one soon?

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    This works in HK but in the US if a thug were to notice you might be a victim of forced entry as a hostage or possibly get youe finger ("key") cut off just to open the door.
    And this is relevant to a discussion of door locks in Hong Kong... how exactly?
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by blueagles:
    Which one do you have?
    Mine is an Adel brand lock. But I got it 10 years ago so not sure if they are still around and if they are still making the same lock. It is a bit slower than the newer locks, but does the job so no need to change yet.
    blueagles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    As opposed to... thugs actually just taking your key and forcing entry? Or just using a crowbar and forcing entry?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3