Tin snips to rent or borrow

Tin snips to rent or borrow

Hi all,

My window handles appear to have been glued on rather than screwed into the handy matching hole and one pulled off. There is a piece of sheet metal that prevents me from screwing the handle into the receiving hole (not enough clearance). With a set of tin snips, I could chop a centimeter or so from the area over the holes and get the access to put in the screws, the way it should have been done in the first place.

Now, the tin snips are relatively inexpensive but I am moving to Taiwan so pretty uninterested in owning a tool for a one-off job.

Are there tool rental places in HK? Or anyone want to rent me theirs? Or other idea (hacksaw?) for cutting back this piece of metal trim?

Thanks in advance...

Angry Don't pay for the "sins" of others!

Whilst I have a "real" set of tin-snips - from your description - I don't think that mine would be able to access the (apparently) small orifice that you describe - and the picture (now) in your posting would similarly be cramped to do the tasked job (I would think).

Perhaps if you are just trying to avoid "a little local difficulty" you should "super-glue" it back into place a day before the Landlord/lady comes to inspect the flat's condition.

After all, was it an inherent defect when you moved in!

I did epoxy it back into place, but I need to use the handle and it eventually came apart again.

When I get home, will take a pic, truly an amazing piece of HK workmanship (or lack thereof...). Seems more work to glue it than to do it the correct way in the first place...

go to local hardware store, buy one, use it and then give back to local hardware store (not for refund but free gift for resell). save the hassle of trying to find one for rent as seriously I dont think people even put these things up for rent, mostly electrical tools.