Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By reprazent

Taobao - return item

Closed Thread
    Random2389456

Smile Taobao - return item

Hi Friends,

I buy items cost around 150 hkd by taobao.

After delivery, I find that quality of product not good so applied for return in website.

Now seller given me a china address to send the items, but I like to know how I should sent it to china ? SF Express ? seems it's not worth because of return courier cost.

If anyone ever return anything in taobao from Hong Kong, please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

Tell them it's too expensive to return and give them a choice of accepting a bad review or refunding the cost to you.

huja, ramelec and irisboards like this.

Good luck to you if it was ordered from tmall, they won't budge and demand return of goods. In that case it's probably not worth the shippingfees. SFexpress has changed their return policies a year ago, now they demand ID card copy of the receiver(wtf?) Use hkpost instead if you must return something.

Some private sellers may refund you, but the majority won't. They don't give a shit about the bad rating. Whenever I'm ordering taobao stuff now I do so with no intent of returning it.

ramelec likes this.

I got a refund offer after bad feedback. It's worth a try. I returned an item only once so far, something of good quality, but wrong item shipped. They changed it (I think at that time "travel" was possible and I did send it from Shenzhen).

It's very, very difficult. One of my family members managed to do it with an item around $600hkd. They're so angry about it I'm sorry I can't ask them the details. All I know is that it involves a lot of paperwork due to China import controls.

I think there's these parts involved:

1) Extort the seller with negative feedback to force them
    2) Get proof of purchase receipt. Send that to import/export, Chinese authorities. Get import exemption proof
    3) Send it back to China. Usually this is a different address and you can't get proof of postage I think so you're at the whim of that seller you just threatened

+ navigate the Taobao returns system

From memory, the costs were about $300hkd. The entire process took around 4 hours of non consecutive work over a period of 1-2 weeks.

As always they will ask to return the goods to exchange with a new one. So it's not worth the effort to do it from Hong Kong.

My experience is that as I have contacts physically in China (which means I need to have my goods send back to China) and ask my China counterpart to deal with the returns