• 1 Post By East_coast
  • 1 Post By BCD
  • 1 Post By rani
  • 1 Post By hereinhk
  • 1 Post By RobRoy
  • 1 Post By misshappy26

LARGE Fridge Suggestions

Closed Thread

Get yourself a commercial fridge.. The more high tech you go the more things that will break.

Having said that, the most critical issue for anyone in HK is getting the fridge into lifts and through multiple doors. Size matters...

hike likes this.

I'm not sure of a specific model but choose one that is made for the asian / HK market. They need to be designed to handle the humidity. Only fridge we ever had headaches with was a European made model.

Also, if you have the room, better to have 2 regular rather that one extra large fridge. One is for the more frequently accessed items and the other for longer term and doesn't need to be opened as frequently. Also a good back up position if one craps out. And easier to move as Shri said.

hike likes this.

I had a large, American White Westinghouse fridge for 18 years. I LOVED it. Designed my kitchen around it. Unfortunately, had to replace it last Christmas with a similar made in China model from Candy. It drives me looney!! We can't figure out the correct temp setting. Everything in the freezer gets covered in ice, including the back of the freezer. The fridge gets too warm, water drips into the bottom drawers and the vegetables rot.

We were told not to cover the vents so the air circulates. But it doesn't make a difference.

hike likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    I have the Fisher and Paykel model you listed (610 series), but with the water dispenser and ice maker. I've had it for 11 years. The water dispenser and controls look a little different these days - not sure if the core parts have changed.

I'm very happy with it and have never had any problems, but for the high-end brands, Fisher and Paykel don't have the best reputation for reliability, and there are reviews online of ppl that have had issues, although I guess that's probably the case for most models.

It looks good, and functionality-wise, it's perfect for my needs. Favorite parts:
    - Water and ice dispenser: Unlimited cold, filtered water, and bottomless ice.
    - Freezer drawer: Probably a personal thing, but I much prefer the ergonomics of the drawer.

The NZ site has more detail/photos than the HK one:

https://www.fisherpaykel.com/nz/cool...ux5-25493.html

Mine looks like this:

hike likes this.

Where we are renting we have the Fisher and Paykel as well, I think its a step up from the normal fridges sold in Fortress etc.

We have an older version of this:

Of course the feel is not the same as a Subzero or something like that, but for its price its good I think.

https://www.builtinpro.hk/rf522brpw6...SABEgIi_PD_BwE

hike likes this.

Built in pro/electric Tung are great and often the cheapest in HK https://www.builtinpro.hk/en/french-...-refrigerators

hike likes this.