Like Tree14Likes

Landlord installed solar panels on village house?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original Post Deleted
    I'd be ok with that! Not going to tell them my password, I can readily set up a guest access and limit the bandwidth.
    TheBrit likes this.

1. The CLP bill is in LL's name but still comes to your address, you open it and pay it = No Problem, I did that in our old village house back in clear water bay, never bothered to change the name.

2. I can readily set up a guest access and limit the bandwidth - since your tech savy then even better LOL

Win Win for you so dont over think it and enjoy it

Cornmeal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    I'd be ok with that! Not going to tell them my password, I can readily set up a guest access and limit the bandwidth.
    As Hong Kong doesn't use Smart electrical power meters that communicate through the power linewith the the electrical provider with how much feed in power tariff your system has produced, maybe this is their way of calculating how much power has been fed back in via an independent wifi data output? Electronic power meters are also good because they completely eliminate the previously traditional neghbourhood power meter reader person and has become pretty much standard here in Aus. Or is that not what is happening here via the wifi connection?

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    Having the CLP bill in the LL name sounds odd. Will he then charge you for Electricity usage? Will he let you see the bill or just make his own decision on how much you pay?

The decision to install solar seems odd. What benifit is it for the LL? Why would he/she fork out the expense of doing that to a property they are not living in?
    not odd, CLP allows its registered customers (hence LL name on bill) to have PV installed and registered customers will receive the payments from energy generated by the PV.

the PV system feeds directly into the grid, the tenant only has to pay for electricity metered.

Original Post Deleted
    Is that standard or do you have to pay extra?
    Cornmeal and spode like this.

they said it was to monitor the system, i imagine to make sure it was installed correctly once connected the grid.

Side note the solar company just contacted me and want to come yet again to fix something(6th visit).

The folks they hire to do these jobs are the furthest thing from professionals...

hike likes this.

It cost's approx $15,000 to install the solar panels which is bourne by the landlord.

The bill is in the Landlord's name as they have applied for the CLP FIT “feed in tariff”. CLP pay the LL for electricity generated.

You pay the amount of electricity you have consumed

https://www.clp.com.hk/en/community-...tial-customers

Cornmeal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrynField:
    It cost's approx $15,000 to install the solar panels which is bourne by the landlord.

The bill is in the Landlord's name as they have applied for the CLP FIT “feed in tariff”. CLP pay the LL for electricity generated.

You pay the amount of electricity you have consumed

https://www.clp.com.hk/en/community-...tial-customers
    $120k in this case. Depends on the finishing and materials.

Yes, roughly 120,000 to 150,000.

The LL making some extra money.

The Tenant get a cooler top floor flat as well as covered outdoor space to hang clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    $120k in this case. Depends on the finishing and materials.
    Cornmeal likes this.