I have recently purchased a 900 sqft (net) 3 bedroom apartment in Discovery Bay.
The place is 15 years old and I am contemplating to do the below. Can you please help with the questions I have also attached the floor plan.
1. Floor tiles. the apartment has the typical wood-look brown paneling. I am thinking of either ceramic marble look tile or wood look tile in light colors which would make the apartment look bigger. The contractor has quoted be 75k including the Chinese tiles (medium quality). Another option is to go cheaper and use the vinyl adhesive tile/cover on the top of existing floor. Has anyone used this ? I am not sure about how this would look like.
2. Kitchen cabinet: Mongkok carpenter has quoted 50k for cabinets and marble top. The quality is medium. Here I have 2 other options. To go for Ikea (I can wait if they have delay)- do they have good quality kitchen cabinets with good durable material? would be be much cheaper than the 50k I have been quoted? Other option is to just let the current cabinets and again use the cabinet adhesive tape/paper to some shiny white exterior- any opinions on these?
3. customized wardrobes with sliding door: have been quoted 50k for the 3 wardrobes in bedroom. Again Ikea might be an option but I am nit sure if they would have good quality? there usual wardrobe material is not good. Any experiences here?? is the quote of 50k reasonable?
4. Washroom: Remove bathtub- change to shower room and change vanity and bathroom tiles. 55k for each and 110k total. Is this quote reasonable for a medium quality material?
5. bedroom space saving tips: As you can see the 2 bedrooms (other then master bedroom are very small). I have the following requirement (for my kids to use these). 1 bedroom need to have a bunk bed of 120 cm by 200 cm size, a wardrobe and a small study desk (is possible). the second bedroom needs to have a 130 cm by 300 cm bed, wardrobe and a study desk. I am thinking to change the doors to sliding doors to save space. Any other suggestions on how to get a layout for these rooms? any other tips
6. window AC to Splits: the bedrooms have window ACs and I am quite fedup with the noise. I really want to get these changed to split types. I have been quotes 15k per room (including the cost of Split and installation) by teh contractor. Any suggestions here?
Many Thanks for your help!