Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By beanso

Location of Water Meter in Tong Lau

Closed Thread

Location of Water Meter in Tong Lau

Does anyone here have experience locating a water meter in a tong lau/walk-up building? There is nothing inside the flat and the boxes located in the entrance to the building seems to be electricity only. WSD offered no help and landlord has no idea where it is either, so I'm getting hit with what seem to be estimated bills until a proper meter reading can be taken.

The Tong Lau I used to live in had it in the hallway.

It probably has to be somewhere public so scan all staircases, trash chute areas, and hallways. Maybe look at the ceiling of those places as well. If your building has management office, probably they would know it well.

Anyways the water bill is really low so I think unless you are paying more than 200 each bill (I think they bill every 3 months or 4 months) I think it should be fine.

Thinking of, I cannot recall where the water meter is in for my current home. But the electric meter is in the emergency staircase.

Thank you both! Turns out the meter is at the back of the building but only accessible through a G/F restaurant.

Shiojiri Hiro likes this.