Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By drumbrake

Cost of painting a house

Cost of painting a house

hi all,

I am not based in hk any more but I need to get my house there painted. Can someone pls give me an idea of the cost of getting a 800sq ft house painted. Does 13k sound about right? thanks

Also, I am being quoted 700 hkd per air con (split) to clean 6 air cons in the apartment? Does this sound reasonable?

Many thanks!

Air con - I paid $1000 for two, was quoted $1400 for three. The more there are, the price should come down. $700 for one is about right.

Painting - very hard to say - the preparation, how many coats, the finishing. 13K is probably around the minimum, but not sure.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ashant_pra:
    hi all,

I am not based in hk any more but I need to get my house there painted. Can someone pls give me an idea of the cost of getting a 800sq ft house painted. Does 13k sound about right? thanks

Also, I am being quoted 700 hkd per air con (split) to clean 6 air cons in the apartment? Does this sound reasonable?

Many thanks!
    It’s all about quality. If what you need is just a paint job to freshen up the place for renting out and just need the walls white and clean with minimum touch up (holes), <=8,000 if you employ a painter directly and purchase materials yourself. 13,000 through a company is reasonable.

For a good paint job, proper putty job etc, but hit and miss with customer satisfaction 40,000.

Imported high quality Italian paints and good painters and puttying and service through a company, 80,000.

Thanks a lot everyone for your replies

Sounds within reasonable ballpark.

I'm having a 7xx apartment painted as we speak... $12,500 for entire apartment (including ceiling) but without re-plastering.

I'm being charged an extra $2,500 on top because two of my walls were grey and that (apparently) requires some extra effort

Quote Originally Posted by tparker:
    )
    I'm being charged an extra $2,500 on top because two of my walls were grey and that (apparently) requires some extra effort
    Perhaps those are the two walls they will actually paint.

Companies in the renovation business have all sorts of fictional reasons for extra costs. With a shrinking workforce (lots retiring and fewer replacing them), they get away with it.