Like Tree6Likes

Home dehumidifier recommendations please

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home dehumidifier recommendations please

Our old one seems to have gone kaput. Anyone with recommendations for any specific model please?

I found the old thread from 2020 but was wondering on updates please.

We now have 2 Xiaomi dehumids. A bit larger than the normal cube shaped Philco sharps etc.. buy they work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    We now have 2 Xiaomi dehumids. A bit larger than the normal cube shaped Philco sharps etc.. buy they work just fine.
    Any particular location to buy them from?

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Any particular location to buy them from?
    Interwebs for free delivery ... both of then were bought during 11/11 sales ... 1 last year and 1 this year.

I have Albert Little by Stadler Form. Good quality, easy to use, neat looking. Depending on your home size, either Albert Little model or then Albert.

Quote Originally Posted by chobochobo:
    Our old one seems to have gone kaput. Anyone with recommendations for any specific model please?

Then why not investigate what's gone wrong?
    Perhaps all it really needs a recharge of the coolant & a fix of the leak; or maybe the Capacitor start-up has failed?

That fix is one heck of a lot cheaper than a new dehumidifier !

In our home we have four "old" ones & 4 "new" ones.

And whilst the "old" ones still function, here they'll stay!

rkenia852 likes this.

I think ours probably 'shorted' when it somehow 'overflowed'. It's an electrical problem, I think. It keeps reporting the tank as full and I've checked for anything that could cause that without opening up the machine.

The other reason for getting a new(er) one is that I do have some concerns over the potential fire hazard. I believe newer ones are 'safer'?

Seems a great shame to toss it out without "examining the internals - if you have the tools to open it up.

Luckily I have an extensive toolbox acquired over many years, so any electrics/electronics seldom gets a "B.E.R." (Beyond Economic Repair) for me, though I must admit fixing electronics is rather difficult if there's no circuitry to refer to !

Got an LG.

shri likes this.

We have a Panasonic air purifier + dehumidifier. Massive thing but very practical. Kept our whole 700sq/ft apartment dry and with clean air. Mitsubishi also makes one
    Don't know the specific model number anymore, but they cost around $4000 new
    Found it very practical to have two in one, though, saves space, and it's surprising how dirty the air quality is (you can monitor).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast