Like Tree6Likes

Air conditioner filter broken, model discontinued

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

So I went to Sham Shui Po and had a bit of an adventure, haha.

I tried to walk through it and find an air conditioning repair shop. This didn't work, as most shops there are very customised - but rarely for the exact thing you're looking for.

Then I tried to find air conditioning repair shops through Google Maps. It was a bit of a nightmare; many of the shops were closed, had moved, did not exist, or did not repair home air conditioning (e.g. they would repair car air conditioners).

Finally, I found a shop. While they couldn't repair the cover with filter inside, they directed me towards a place to find a secondhand replacement.

This was a really interesting place, in that it was just a big truck with people moving thrown away air conditioners. There was no physical store. I spoke with the leader, and he told me to wait. He then loudly yelled at the other workers hauling old air conditioners.

After a couple of minutes, a new cover with filter inside did appear. I paid him 50 HKD, and I had my replacement cover with filter inside.

Name:  replacement filter.jpeg
Views: 64
Size:  328.0 KB

drumbrake, emx and Morrison like this.

Well congrats on your awarded adventure.
    Hope it was worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadoren:
    So I went to Sham Shui Po and had a bit of an adventure, haha.

I tried to walk through it and find an air conditioning repair shop. This didn't work, as most shops there are very customised - but rarely for the exact thing you're looking for.

Then I tried to find air conditioning repair shops through Google Maps. It was a bit of a nightmare; many of the shops were closed, had moved, did not exist, or did not repair home air conditioning (e.g. they would repair car air conditioners).

Finally, I found a shop. While they couldn't repair the cover with filter inside, they directed me towards a place to find a secondhand replacement.

This was a really interesting place, in that it was just a big truck with people moving thrown away air conditioners. There was no physical store. I spoke with the leader, and he told me to wait. He then loudly yelled at the other workers hauling old air conditioners.

After a couple of minutes, a new cover with filter inside did appear. I paid him 50 HKD, and I had my replacement cover with filter inside.

Name:  replacement filter.jpeg
Views: 64
Size:  328.0 KB
    Is this the old one or the new one?

The new one.

All roads in HK lead to Sham Shui Po..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2