Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zelensky2

Fix-a-floor injecting floor tile adhesive

Fix-a-floor injecting floor tile adhesive

Where to buy this, or something like it? Or just the name in Chinese?
    My floor tiles are loose and cracking.

https://fixafloorworldwide.com/tile-...-glue-products

Just thought I'd check before ordering online and having to wait

I imported 3 tubes. Enough to drill and fix a few loose bits,
    but more has come loose, so I need the normal stuff as well, or I won't have enough.

But whenever I ask a 5 gold shop, I get confused looks. I'm looking for something a bit flexible rather than something that's just going to dry out and crack again.

I cant be arsed to check your link, but floor tiles are attached by adhesive or 'thinset' (A cement mortar).

You need to include some photo's, a description of the problem and the location (bathroom? kicthen?) if you want good advice.

No need to check the link.

Thanks for that piece jargon :-) I gave as much info to chatgpt as I could because Google translate wouldn't recognise thin-set / thinset, and it gave me: 薄铺地砖胶黏剂

I think the previous installer failed to notch the thinset, leaving small bubbles which is why the grouting dried out and fell out after less than 2 years. It needs attention to detail.

I just want to update this to say that it didn't work and just cracked again. So if you find this thread, don't use this stuff. The only way seems to be to crack the tiles to bring them up and re-lay new ones

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueUserName:
    I just want to update this to say that it didn't work and just cracked again. So if you find this thread, don't use this stuff. The only way seems to be to crack the tiles to bring them up and re-lay new ones
    Of course it didn't work.

Sounds harsh, but if you'd have posted photo's as I asked, you wouldn't have wasted your time (and presumably money too) on whatever it was that you did.... that didn't work.

I didn't think there's much to see:
    Name:  IMG-20240614-235413-172.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  1.69 MB

If it was just my place in the UK I wouldn't hesitate to take a hammer to it, get it up and lay another one. Here it's a bit different because the pressure's on from my wife, so I dare not touch it. Meanwhile, pros don't want to touch just a couple of tiles and only want to redo the entire floor, and neither of us want that disruption. Hence why it's been left like this for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueUserName:
    I didn't think there's much to see:
    Name:  IMG-20240614-235413-172.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  1.69 MB

If it was just my place in the UK I wouldn't hesitate to take a hammer to it, get it up and lay another one. Here it's a bit different because the pressure's on from my wife, so I dare not touch it. Meanwhile, pros don't want to touch just a couple of tiles and only want to redo the entire floor, and neither of us want that disruption. Hence why it's been left like this for a year.

Tell your missus to stick to what she knows, your instinct is correct. Though you need more tools than just a hammer..

As for pro's, I do this kind of thing, remove and lay singles tiles (as well as lay whole floors and many other things to boot).

If you need help, send me a message. (you can make your wife pay, might make her less inclined to comment ;-)
    UniqueUserName likes this.