Like Tree23Likes

Living room wall tiles

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

How often will you be putting up and taking down the green screen?
    I think the easiest it to just stick it to the wall and ceiling with the tape that looks like thick clear gel. It pulls off really easy. Worst case is some paint peels off and you have to do a few touch ups. Just buy a small tin of the flower paint at a local hardware store as its usually what they use in HK.

Last edited by BCD; 04-02-2024 at 09:08 AM.
    hk.main likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelensky2:
    You assume? That’s a pretty thin justification for filing your entire living room. Seriously that’s a terrible idea.

so what happens when you chip or crack a large expensive tile?

But more to the point, you’re contemplating making your entire living room feel like a hospital simply because tiles are easier to wipe clean?

Terrible idea. Paint is far far far quicker, easier and cheaper to fix than tiles.

There’s a reason floors are tiled, because they’re very hard wearing.

there’s a reason Bathrooms are tiled, because they’re waterproofed

And very occasionally there are reasons that reception rooms are partly tiled and that’s because the owner is trying to make an ostentatious statement about how rich they are, it’s never ever because they’re easier to wipe clean.
    Haha, I have many more assumptions - easy to clean, more durable, more aesthetically pleasing, no need for skirting, which I personally have never liked, and I would like to do something different to personalize the place.

Quote Originally Posted by hk.main:
    Haha, I have many more assumptions - easy to clean, more durable, more aesthetically pleasing, no need for skirting, which I personally have never liked, and I would like to do something different to personalize the place.
    If you're tiling the floor as well then no need for skirting (that'll be a lovely ceramic box you're living in), But with a wooden floor, then no, you still need skirting. You can get tile skirting of course, but you can do that whatever your wall is finished with.

More durable, yes, but it will still chip, especially on the corners and once chipped it can't generally be fixed. Plaster and paint is far, far, far easier and cheaper to fix.

People do it for sure, but tile is MORE DIFFICULT to keep looking new, not less difficult. Take it from a professional, not someone making assumptions ;-).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3