Like Tree42Likes

Who thinks donald tsang planned policy of unrestricted discount public transport a pretty ill thought idea?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Who thinks donald tsang planned policy of unrestricted discount public transport a pretty ill thought idea?

I gather Mr Tsang and his borderline cronies has already cocked up the handout scheme, now his hand on senior citizen discounts on public transport, great idea in theory, but a bad idea during the rush hour, proves that Mr tsang and his team has never caught the MTR during the rush hour esp. the TST to Central section.
    considering that most retirees have more free time, surely discounts during rush hour is just fueling the problem and the fact that if a senior citizen has the choice whether to pay the full whack during rush hours like everyone else or wait for the non rush hour times ( just a majority of these demographic population wait for afternoon tea discounted lunches) would be a far better solution

dear giant likes this.

Ill-thought out policies? In HK? I find the very suggestion that our Chief Executive and his officials put any thought at all into their policies to be absurd.

I wonder. I'm able bodied and I avoid the MTR during rush hour! Money has nothing to do with it... it's a horrible zoo and any old folk with a brain cell left would surely do the same.

Could be worse though, could have the UK system. Government announces free buses for all those over 60. Who is going to pay for it? The local councils who get the money from central gov't. Unfortunately central gov't does not cough up the dosh and cut the local councils money. So local councils now can't pay for it but as it is government policy and law it has to be provided. So the bus companies have to pay except they are now making a loss on many routes so cancel them. So the old people have gone from paying for a bus to paying for a taxi because there is not a bus anymore. Brilliant.

Senior citizens already enjoy 50% discount on MTR, Franchised Buses & Ferries.

dear giant likes this.

I think old people should not be allowed in banks, post offices, supermarkets, etc at lunchtime or rush hours.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    I think old people should not be allowed in banks, post offices, supermarkets, etc at lunchtime or rush hours.
    Why don't you just do away with being politically correct and just recommend bumping them all off altogether? Just think how much housing that would free up.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Why don't you just do away with being politically correct and just recommend bumping them all off altogether? Just think how much housing that would free up.
    This is good. Food prices would go down too. This is really good.
    dear giant likes this.

... but the cardboard, plastic bottles, broken electrical appliances, and other detritus that HK senior citizens scavenge would really start to pile up.

Quote Originally Posted by dear giant:
    ... but the cardboard, plastic bottles, broken electrical appliances, and other detritus that HK senior citizens scavenge would really start to pile up.
    Word on the street's that millions of Filipina ladies are coming to stay. They're going to need some day jobs before working the street corners at night, DG. Looks like we have that covered, because they have to put food on their family...or some such tripe.
    dear giant likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast