Like Tree35Likes

Occupy LKF?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

no taxation without representation?

sounds kinda familiar....

isnt that how the last american civil war kicked off?

a bunch of workers getting pissed at some plummy blokes in a castle somewhere ordering their "minions" around???? ( feel free to correct me on my american history )

a bit stretched maybe but nations do crumble - and there does seem to be a bunch of people being taxed who are not getting what they paid for.... (edit) ie their constitutional rights,,

rich people believing their own hype,,, think they are better yet most often born into it - ok maybe a few are lucky and hardworking ( note the combo - hardworking IS NOT enough )

read a great article last month on how american bankers tie with a chimp when it comes to actually picking the winners on wall street....

Last edited by audiot; 23-11-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    The difference is in the US there it caused outrage and he was suspended. In China he would have got a medal for maintaining "harmony".
    In all fairness, in China, it is very clear what you can or cannot do. If you break the law, you will be punished accordingly. In the US, you're SUPPOSED to have the RIGHT to peaceful protest. But when the cops start shooting you with rubber bullets and pepper spray, that's fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mundo:
    In all fairness, in China, it is very clear what you can or cannot do. If you break the law, you will be punished accordingly. In the US, you're SUPPOSED to have the RIGHT to peaceful protest. But when the cops start shooting you with rubber bullets and pepper spray, that's fucked up.
    Actually in China you have freedom to protest as well. See CONSTITUTION OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA

Article 35. Citizens of the People's Republic of China enjoy freedom of speech, of the press, of assembly, of association, of procession and of demonstration.
    Whether the constitution is obeyed or not is another matter...
    bookblogger and Dreadnought like this.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Actually in China you have freedom to protest as well. See CONSTITUTION OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA

Whether the constitution is obeyed or not is another matter...
    Should you wish to read further it can be found under "fiction" at any public library.

Point is, if this incident happened in China, the US would be accusing China of being a police state, which China doesn't pretend its not. But it's the US. They were ordered to move, they didn't, so it was justified.

edit: I don't mean that the cop's act was justified, but somehow I feel the US will never admit to being a police state. It is on the fast lane to becoming one imo.

Last edited by Eddy Mundo; 23-11-2011 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mundo:
    ...edit: I don't mean that the cop's act was justified, but somehow I feel the US will never admit to being a police state. It is on the fast lane to becoming one imo.
    Where were you right after 9/11? Heard of the Patriot Act? That was meant to be the prelude to the US becoming a full-on police state, and if you think there has been inaction on the Act over its infringements on civil liberties, I'll go look for those links I posted a while back to demonstrate that the system of checks and balances is alive and well.

This isn't the end of the OWS movement, it's the beginning.
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 24-11-2011 at 12:00 AM.
    Eddy Mundo likes this.

More prisoners, more money!

Occupy Central got a letter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ORUfdYiBGI

Last edited by drumbrake; 01-01-2012 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Occupy Central got a letter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ORUfdYiBGI
    Probably a rent demand from HSBC

Occupy Central is just hobos leeching free wifi, they never actually protest.