View Poll Results: What would you do if you are a cabbie and noticed someone left 2M in the backseat of your car

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Winners keepers losers weepers, keep the moolah!

8 25.81%
  • Honesty is the best policy, return the $$

13 41.94%
  • I am neither a saint nor a sinner, keep half of it!

2 6.45%
  • I got no friggin' idea

8 25.81%
Like Tree69Likes

Returning HKD 2M found at the back of a taxi

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Weird, didn't get the warning that people will see what you vote for. Anyway, not sure if I'd enjoy spending it if I just found it....karma and all that.
    I find it most disturbing that SS would use a word like "friggin"
    Satay Sue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    It was probably a mainlander buying property.

Just keep it.
    I think 1.3 billion mainlanders just had a good laugh.

It was probably a mainlander buying some suits and bags !!
    ltcommander and justjoe86 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    I find it most disturbing that SS would use a word like "friggin"
    LOL! I hate that word! But I honestly don't know what I'd do, I'm sure I wouldn't keep it...

Two million? To be honest, I think I'd wrestle with my conscience a bit.....but I'd hand it in......

Nowhere near two million but my now wife and I found a sizeable sum of money several years ago at a time when 'we could have just done with it', we got it back to the owner and sometimes we still talk about how glad we are we did. I'd hate for where we are today to be somehow based on that single act of dishonesty.

I think I would return it, its TOO much money to not worry/wonder about for a long long period of time afterwards.
    It isn't just worrying about whether someone would be hunting you down for it, I'd also wonder about how I've impacted the person who lost it, sure if I KNEW they were a billionaire and/or a bit of a **** then I'd keep it easy But they could be another Bob or Bill just trying to make a honest livin' like !
    I'd be more likely to keep it or halve it, if it were a smaller amount.

Last edited by SiuMaiTaiTai; 12-01-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Hmmm... put it all on black in roulette and return half the winnings if I win...

Waiting for some jumped up HK politician to say that owner of said 2 million should give the cab driver a reward as a sign of Pearl Delta River relations and that Henry Tang is the number one choice of CE.

Can't say I am the most honest person, cause I have stolen in my life. I must have been 11-12 years old, and had a new found attraction towards choclates. We were very middle class and eating chocs were a luxury, infact eating anything except the 3 square meals outside of home was a luxuary which we could ill afford. In such times I found a love for choclates, and our "pujaghar"(worship place at home with hindu idols) had a small tinbox which my parents would use to put some loose change away and it'd be like their piggy bank. I don't know how or why, but I started to take little money out every other day and would sneak to a nice shop which'd sell the choclates and buy them finish them off right outside the shop(wasn't able to enjoy it properly) and go back as if nothing has happened. One day some one saw me and told my parents, as it'd be odd for me to be able to afford to buy anything at that shop, let alone choclates and eat them right outside. I wished that evening never had happened. My parents were aghast at this, and they couldn't believe that their kid is turning out to be a thief. I cried and apologised all night, all week even, but they couldn't trust me for days and before that I'd have to run errands, hop on my bicycle and shop for small grocery items, it all stopped. For 6 months this went on and I was miserable, and very sorry for what I did. Slowly and against any hope, my parents started to trust me again and this incident was a forgotten nightmare, BUT I still remember as a lesson learnt. So, I don't want to go through the same sh1t again, and thus I'd prefer to be honest and give the damn money back.
    But, if the guy wills it to me, then no problem...or if only my number comes up in that damn mark 6...

i'd invest it, make 2 mio w it and then return the 2 mio...kidding.

Football16 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuMaiTaiTai:
    But they could be another Bob or Bill just trying to make a honest livin' like !
    Do you know a lot of ppl trying to make a honest living carrying 2 Mio in cash in a suitcase?
    Ramdom likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast