Like Tree155Likes

Mainland Chinese Televsion: Hongkonger are dogs

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14

Quote Originally Posted by andrewwinkler:
    I think that the mainlanders are getting a little bit too cockie. They shouldn't forget that it was the Hong Kongers who first moved their sweat shops to Shenzhen after Mao did his secret deal with Kissinger to destroy the West by exporting most of Western manufacturing jobs to Red China. It was only then that many Western firms who hesitated to destroy their countries' economies had no choice but relocate manufacturing to China or perish. Anybody who uses the eastern KCR line will know how ferral most of those Chinese people are who come to Hong Kong.
    Good point... this is the issue. It is not all Mainland people HK want to keep out, just those who want a free life. If the wealthy business elite relocated to HK then it would be welcomed (and they probably would abide by rules). Next the argument from China about the tourist revenue from the mainland - true but since 80% of the wealth is generally derived from 20% of the population then again this would be the elite and upper classes of China (Pareto's Law) and again not those that are likely to cause issues or stay illegally in HK.

Final moan - China's 1 Country, 2 Systems is becoming more 1 country, 1 system (that you think is 2). For the sake of China I hope they leave it as 2 since it proves a good link between the West and China. I fear trying to unify China under one rule (however unlikely at the moment) could cause them harm to their economy unless they try to unify under democratic rule.

When you talk to alot of Chinese people whom are reasonably wealthy and successful and alot of them travel for work or for play they are scrutinized considerably by foreign governments and they are embarrassed to have to show mortgage titles, homes owned, deposit 50,000RMB into guarantee deposits as well as employment contracts and medical checks.

Hk'ers and other western countries have it easy but a Chinese citizen whom is victimized because of their nationality I can understand why they want more freedom to travel or provide for their children.

The current trend of mainland mothers getting their children born in HK is no more than a loophole which the government needs to fix. No different to tax loopholes or other government legislation that allows people to get around a certain law. If you took this out the of equation then there is alot less that HK'ers complain about (but they will find something...).

Mat and Matt_NT like this.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14