Like Tree155Likes

Mainland Chinese Televsion: Hongkonger are dogs

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    I wonder what an unmoderated forum would be like. I mean, I guess most of us joined to get some info and stayed for the banter.....but if it were unmoderated, would it be better or worse, what would it be like?
    There's one in HK... golden forum (ask your wife). It's also impossible to edit your own posts.

People have literally been arrested based on what they wrote.

Personally I love the concept. But I did edit this post to add that
    Last edited by justjoe86; 20-01-2012 at 03:53 PM.

[QUOTE=packy_crusher;1852302]

Quote Originally Posted by aliendavid1:
    Speaks the truth, but just not in the most PC way.

This is history repeating itself over and over again, tyranny of the majority. The minorities (HKers) will have to cater to the majority either by assimilation, or be destroyed. The mainlanders only want our high quality products, and uses us a a financial mediary between the rest of the world, same thing with Macau and Taiwan. That is why Hong Kong and Macau will always have their currency and will never be linked with the RMB.

You don't have to worry about assimilation. With half the births in Hong Kong coming from mainland women, in 20 years there will be hundreds of thousands of mainlanders coming to Hong Kong (with HKID's), most likely with a lower education level, and neither fluent in Cantonese nor English. They will likely come with wives in tow and demand welfare and services also. This is the future - forced assimilation.
    A welfare burden-why HK people are pissed.
    dear giant likes this.

You can take a view on what's offensive but you must remember that this is a public forum and the editors need to walk a fine line.

You're pretty outspoken and opinionated so you can expect to have loads of your outbursts deleted, I know this from personal experience

I think I've reported 3 or 4.....one example was where a 16 year old girl came on looking to meet people and one of the regulars immediately asked her if she put out. That's f&cked and it needed to be deleted.

Hmm....how would you know she really was 16?

This just popped into my mailbox....

From Subject Received Size Categories
    SexyBook A person on the "Facebook" sexy of dating is looking for you 3:24 PM 13 KB

Just out of curiosity, does anyone think a person on SexBook really wants to date me or is it spam?
    Send it to that mainlander on TV .
    bryant.english and Gatts like this.

On Expat Singapore forum (not to be confused with the much more easygoing and helpful Singapore expats), while it is moderated (and the moderator definitely has mates who say what they like and get left alone) you can post without registering. There are some absolutely dreadful people on there and newbies just get torn to pieces for asking the simplest of questions.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    There's one in HK... golden forum (ask your wife). It's also impossible to edit your own posts.

People have literally been arrested based on what they wrote.

Personally I love the concept. But I did edit this post to add that
    Interesting, I just read the Wiki, I'll check that out later...

Quote Originally Posted by dtb:
    Hmm....how would you know she really was 16?

Well you don't know but to be on the safe side and all that!

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    There are some absolutely dreadful people on there and newbies just get torn to pieces for asking the simplest of questions.
    Sound just like here, then :-)

The difference in population will indicate that bryant-english and packy crusher is right in the sense that it is only a matter of time before HK gets assimilated entirely.

BUT, it is important to remember that things are not always as they seem. The Tibetans and Uighurs have been in China since 1949, yet substantial population still resist Chinese rule, to no avail, as some might add. But it is equally true that the Chinese government thus far has failed to pacify both population despite oppression, assimilation or affirmative action. Thus, it is not always so clear-cut that Hkers will become assimilated, no question asked.

I have interviewed many locals and they give me an impression they do harbour a strong local identity, for evidence, look at HKU's Robert Chung survey. And they are not going to simply roll over by the mainland, even if the larger trend is a gradual merging of both mainland and hong kong, the HK identity will still persist.

Last edited by Watercooler; 20-01-2012 at 04:03 PM.
    Gatts and dear giant like this.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    Sound just like here, then :-)
    Ha! Seriously though, it makes Geo look like a bunch of absolute saints. Imagine a site where most of the posts (from females too) resemble those from HongKongFoot....
    SiuMaiTaiTai likes this.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast