Like Tree86Likes

Those darn mainlanders are at it again!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Those darn mainlanders are at it again!

This time taking peak tram seats with their luggage and knocking over pregnant HK women:

纜車罵戰內地翁推 ¸¯å­•å©¦ - 太陽報

Mainland Old Man Pushed Hong Kong Pregnant Woman on the Floor | Dictionary of Politically Incorrect Hong Kong Cantonese

" After MTR eating incident, which stirred China-Hong Kong verbal war, another similar case happened. While two Hong Kong women were taking peak tram downhill, they were unhappy that four Mainland tourists used luggage to occupy seats and later two side fought violently. During the mess, the pregnant woman claimed that she was pushed on the floor and her companion also injured her fingers. The pair were sent to the hospital and the four tourists were brought to the police station for further investigation.

The two women are sales of a store on the peak and one of them is pregnant. Yesterday, at eight o’clock, the pair got off work and toke peak tram back to Central. The tram was crowded. They later found four Mainland tourists, one man and three women, placed luggage on the seats and therefore asked for seats in Mandarin. The 70-ish old man didn’t offer his seat and even insulted them with curse words. The three accompanying women also joined the verbal wars and eventually became violent conflict.

A witness claimed that ten minutes after the verbal wars, while the two Hong Kong women was preparing to take off the tram, the Mainland old man suddenly pushed one on the floor. Her companion helped and was injured. The tram driver and station staff saw the incident and called the police."

JaredHK and dear giant like this.

Please tell me that isn't your Chinglish Pin

the are now known as the locust, mainlanders is no longer used

JaredHK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    There are also known as "strong nation people" by HK web-users in reference to a leftist mainland forum whose mainland users refer themselves as members of a "strong nation". The implicit critic in this "strong nation people" is that how can they be so strong if they do their business (crap/piss) on the public streets, don't stand in lines and ignore social norms of Hong Kong.
    Last edited by Watercooler; 03-02-2012 at 04:05 PM.

...wonders if by strong nation reference, they feel this means that they can do what the hell they please, where they please, when they please.....and to hell with everyone else?

Watercooler and dear giant like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    ...wonders if by strong nation reference, they feel this means that they can do what the hell they please, where they please, when they please.....and to hell with everyone else?
    That too, at least that's what my wife says.
    Fiona in HKG and dear giant like this.

With such bad service on the mainland I understand why mainlanders push and shove to get things.

Not all mainlanders are unpleasant. Remember that everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    It suits them better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    With such bad service on the mainland I understand why mainlanders push and shove to get things.

I absolutely agree, virago, and this element must be an embarrassment to them, too.

I'm sure many Germans, likewise, would disown the sunlounger pirates one meets everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:

It's been explained to me that the pushing and shoving to get things is born from the not-so-long-ago history of having to compete for finite resources vs. hoards of people in order to survive. Basically the survival of the fittest . . . early bird gets the worm . . . etc.
    dear giant likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast