Like Tree44Likes

CY for better or worse

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

CY for better or worse

Leung Chun-ying and top officials went on another round of district visits yesterday and again came up against hostility as some people demanded the chief executive quit immediately.
    STANDARD

If everyone loved CY then something would really seem wrong...

With criticism coming at him from every angle it seems CY must be doing something. At the very least, he's not going out of his way to try and make any powers-that-be happy.

Rumors are circulating about BJ's plan B, but CY should get a chance to prove his worth (or his uselessness). So far... well... I haven't heard a single positive thing.

Anyone have anything good to report about HK's newest CE?
    bookblogger likes this.

2 weeks in the job.....what do you guys expect?

GermanHongkie likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Yes, directly come back on his election promises such as curbing house sales to Mainlanders, saying his comments were only for "public housing".
    dear giant likes this.

Like most politicians, he's self serving, corrupt and arrogant. Got on his high horses about Tang's illegal structure and didn't even bother to clean up his own backyard. How can he expect any respect when he clearly has none for the people and act as if he's above the law. Well looking at the outcome, it seems that he is...

Message is clear...if you can get away with it, rules don't apply. I'm on board...if you can't beat them, join them.

dear giant likes this.

Ah ok it is that type pf dicussion we are having, all politicans are corrupt and useless, lets burn down the house.

Oaky then, let me go get a beer and a few peanuts.

At least in a pseudo democracy, there's the opportunity to vote the more obviously corrupt ones out after a while and the new ones will at least pretend to care and hide their misdeeds a bit. What is the point over here? The guy is caught red handed doing something illegal and nothing happens. Either the population demonstrates like mad in the hope of troubling Beijing enough to get him out or you simply don't care, get the message and pull on your side of the carpet as much as you can. I opt for the latter...

dear giant likes this.

Maybe a single party system does lead to a 'selfless' government. Hongkong should try that.

Original Post Deleted
    That's the whole joke they will "keep public housing for locals" insinuating his election promise was limited to public housing while it was clearly much broader pre-election. Have to dig up a link later but was reported on RTHK, among others.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks Mobile
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoDerek:
    STANDARD

If everyone loved CY then something would really seem wrong...

With criticism coming at him from every angle it seems CY must be doing something. At the very least, he's not going out of his way to try and make any powers-that-be happy.

Rumors are circulating about BJ's plan B, but CY should get a chance to prove his worth (or his uselessness). So far... well... I haven't heard a single positive thing.

Anyone have anything good to report about HK's newest CE?
    Been in the job for 2 weeks only. No way is he going to quit or Beijing ask him to leave.

Big difference between him and Tang is that the latter pinned the blame on his wife when it was clearly him. Even if it was her fault, as a husband take the fall for your wife - you are the man. She accepted his infidelity. Lost a major battle there in public opinion polls. All downhill for him thereafter.

CV's illegal structures was an oversight done from the previous landlord - with him having signed off on the illegal part without necessary sorting it out. He didn't construct himself - unlike Tang's illegal basement.

The Chief Executive, C Y Leung, has put forward a series of measures aimed at tackling poverty among the elderly, and the housing needs of Hong Kong residents.

These include the introduction - from October - of a means-tested old-age living allowance, the doubling of the value of health vouchers for the elderly, the sale of home ownership scheme flats to eligible residents through the secondary market, and the construction with government money of hostels for young workers.
    CY is for the ppl.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast