Like Tree16Likes

What is it with male HK politicians throwing their wives under the bus?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is it with male HK politicians throwing their wives under the bus?

We had Henry Tang disavow all knowledge of his illegal structures, basements, cupolas, and whatnot and hide behind his wife. Then C.Y. "Vlad the Impaler" Leung pulled the same stunt. Now, Leung's hand-picked development secretary has turned out to be a subdivided flat slumlord ... wait ... no ... it's his wife *wink**wink**nudge* who handles all of that.

It's so ridiculous that it's funny ... until you remember that these folks are running the city.

Its cause they is raised by their nannies are are mummy's boys.

dear giant and drumbrake like this.

Wouldn't you do the same if the stakes were high?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    You have to ask yourself, "What would Bill do?"
    Bill Clinton and the Meaning of "Is" - Slate Magazine

is it just HK politicians?

I wonder if Dim Mitt is in trouble for throwing his wife under her own horse?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Nope. I'm no saint, but if I can imagine myself squirming at trying to explain a particular action or choice to a hostile third party, I don't do that thing or make that choice.

That's not to say that I never make bad choices but I certainly wouldn't be stupid enough to accept the post of development secretary if I were closely associated with a cage/subdivided apartment operation, especially if my fallback would be to throw my own wife to the wolves.
    bookblogger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    You have to ask yourself, "What would Bill do?"
    Bill Clinton and the Meaning of "Is" - Slate Magazine
    But did Clinton say that his wife had masterminded the Lewinsky coverup? Have we had Michelle Obama standing tearfully on the White House Lawn, apologizing to civilians killed in drone strikes because she rather than her husband had given the final OK for those ops? Even the first genocidal retard of the 21st century, GWB, didn't try to foist any of the blame for his administration's crimes onto Laura Bush.

Hiding behind wives' skirts seems to be a characteristic trait of HK politicians.
    Last edited by dear giant; 02-08-2012 at 06:17 PM. Reason: added missing comma

Quote Originally Posted by audiot:
    is it just HK politicians?

I wonder if Dim Mitt is in trouble for throwing his wife under her own horse?
    When Mitten's tax skeletons eventually come to light, if he implicates his wife in the creative/aggressive tax liability minimization schemes, then it will be comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by dear giant:
    But did Clinton say that his wife had masterminded the Lewinsky coverup?
    If there was a way for good-ol-bill to blame the wife, I have no doubt that he would have. The point being politicians (no matter where) as a general rule are scummy and slimy; very few good ones out there. They will do anything and everything to keep themselves in the clean. No matter what country, no matter man or woman.
    Hiding behind wives' skirts seems to be a characteristic trait of HK politicians.
    Certainly looks like a trend
    But I dont think its a trait; I believe it to be a blame shifting of convenience. If politicians could get away with it, they would blame their fish for their own transgressions.
    dear giant and hullexile like this.

Now there is a google search challenge: politicians blaming fish!

dear giant likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast