2 18.18%
  • Frederick Fung Kin-kee (ADPL)

2 18.18%
Like Tree35Likes

Sept 9 Elections - Super District Council seats

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sept 9 Elections - Super District Council seats

Who are you guys going to vote for in the upcoming Super District Council seats? First time Hong Kong is seeing an election where every registered voter gets to vote... So it could possibly be a good change from the past.

I think that James To would be the best choice as he seems very intent on getting rid of National Education and the Functional Constituencies. I would say a definite no to the pro-Beijing group, I think Pamela Peck lacks the charisma and ideology for such a post. Frederick Fung and Albert Ho would be my second choices, but I think both of them were too acceptable of the 2012 constitutional reform package. But then again that could just be due to the execessive news we see about them. Wondering what you guys think.

Gatts, dear giant and bookblogger like this.

Don't you have to vote for who you think might come third?

Pro-Beijing side
    1st Lau Kong-wah (DAB)
    2nd Chan Yuen-han (FTU)
    3rd place Starry Lee Wai-king (DAB)

Pan Democrats (whatever that means)
    1st James To Kun-sun (Democratic)
    2nd Albert Ho Chun-yan (Democratic)
    3rd place Frederick Fung Kin-kee (ADPL)

So a vote off between Freddie and Starry it would seem the powerful canvassing of the DAB should surely win the all important 3rd seat? The DAB have chosen the charismatic, articulate and pretty Starry and this looks like a very good strategy to win the 3rd seat.

It is a pity one of Miriam Lau's every decreasing group isn't running as looking at their voting record in Legco they for / against legislation based on the merit of the bill not on any pro/anti government stance and they could split some of the vote and actually get a debate on policy going.

Hmm yeah it does seem like the third place is the most important, although I think especially on the pan-democrats side, we can't really say that James and Albert would easily beat Freddie... Well Freddie had his moment of glory when he decided for a while that he was going to run for CE, I think that gives him a bit of an edge over Starry. By the way did you just completely ignore Pamela?

Yeah I agree the Liberals should definitely have given it a shot, and also the Civics as well, although the latter were against this so they're probably not running due to their beliefs. I think Zimmerman might have chosen his endorsement on whoever supported him in running for this election...

dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by killernaut:
    By the way did you just completely ignore Pamela?
    Yes

Civics as well, although the latter were against this so they're probably not running due to their beliefs.
    Given their high brow approach they may have stayed out to avoid losing.

So Zimmerman is no longer with the Civic Party?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    So Zimmerman is no longer with the Civic Party?
    Appears not.

He's not mentioned here: District Councillors | 公民黨 - 公道自在民心 Civic Party - The Civic Way, the Fairer Way

And no mention of Civic Party here: About Paul Zimmerman 關於司馬文 | Paul Zimmerman 司馬文

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Yes
    Apparently the locals like Pamela so I don't think we can just count her out.

Also if I'm not wrong he quit civic after he knew he couldn't run for the super seat as there was a conflict of votes on the Island side.

Apparently the locals like Pamela so I don't think we can just count her out.
    Hopefully popular and electable are not the same thing.

Of the pro-Beijing group, I don't mind Chan Yuen-han, as she has the courage of her convictions... like Tsang Yok-sing, she has always been pro-Beijing, not just since 1997. This is not true of everyone.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast