• 1 Post By killernaut
  • 1 Post By shri

Anson Chan backs 'anti-red campaign'

Closed Thread

10-08-2012
    Former Chief Secretary Anson Chan. Photo: Francis Moriarty
    Concerned by the growing involvement of Beijing's Liaison Office in politics at every level, former chief secretary Anson Chan is throwing her support behind the Civic Party's "Say No to a Red Hong Kong" election campaign.

Mrs Chan, who has also served as an elected legislator, says the Liaison Office has gone beyond its ambit under the One-Country Two-Systems formula.

And, she says the government's effort to mandate national education starting in elementary schools "has touched a nerve" in Hong Kong, especially among the many people whose families came here to escape civil war, the Cultural Revolution and other political campaigns on the mainland

Who else is backing this campaign?

the Civic Party, I think.

Wondering whether she will she pull the same crap as before -- i.e. back out after people begin to rely on her and create some sort of vacuum that allows evil to triumph.

Anson Chan, indirectly, got us Regina Yip back in LegCo.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dear giant:
    Wondering whether she will she pull the same crap as before -- i.e. back out after people begin to rely on her and create some sort of vacuum that allows evil to triumph.

Anson Chan, indirectly, got us Regina Yip back in LegCo.
    Regina appears to have been dropped by the Liason Office as a true supporter of Beijing.
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Regina appears to have been dropped by the Liason Office as a true supporter of Beijing.
    Did that have anything to do with her calling Rita Fan nuts for even contemplating the passage of Article 23 by the new CE?
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    Did that have anything to do with her calling Rita Fan nuts for even contemplating the passage of Article 23 by the new CE?
    I think it's just that she publicly shows that she supports the democratisation of Hong Kong.
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by killernaut:
    I think it's just that she publicly shows that she supports the democratisation of Hong Kong.
    Call me skeptical, but I do think that this is part of some long-con being played out.

If I recall, Anson Chan's husband passed away and perhaps that was the reason she had pulled out?
    dear giant likes this.

Shri, we were just discussing (off-topic) why Regina Ip is/was being snubbed by the Central Gummint Liaison Office - the last two or three posts were about her, not Anson Chan.