Like Tree2Likes

BREAKING NEWS!!!!! SCMP

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    If you google search the headlines and link through that, its always been free.
    This is even true for FT.com and wsjonline.com for a long time.

SCMP New website - I have given it a few days but no improvement. The site is slow to load, lots of popups or something, but the content does not load right away. I am a subscriber, and they don't make it easy for us to sign-in. My work computer has all sorts of problems getting the website up, my iPad less so.

Who actually likes the new layout? After reading through it for just 15 minutes this morning my eyes are bleeding. Not saying the old layout was good but I don't sense any sort of improvement at all (at least not on a PC). Page setup too long, too many repeated stories on any given page, stupid search engine - and not helped by the front page opinion piece entitled "Hong Kong must keep an open mind on a more open border".

Urgh.

Just tried the site again on work computer - a popup is telling me the site is running some sort of script which is causing the computer slowdown, and asked me if I want to disable this. Also the pictures on the site was still loading after a few minutes. I gave up and didn't bother to proceed. Pretty infuriating.

wow. seems like it has a mobile version again. only took them a year...