Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Joseph098765
  • 4 Post By dear giant
  • 1 Post By East_coast
  • 4 Post By East_coast

Proud of HK administrators

Closed Thread

Proud of HK administrators

I am proud of the fact that local administrator has taken some solid steps to bring band equality in society. I have seen in most of the countries law / rules are bended for rich but here HK flat for HK resident is one solid step in favor of local people specially no so rich. You need guts to do this - very few can do this. BTW this doesn't benefit me or I am not affiliated to any political party / movement.

Creative83 likes this.

What measure are you referring to?

Govt plans to build slightly more private housing with units carrying certain restrictions on resale while many tens of thousands of people rot away in cage apartments and subdivided flats because the supply of public housing is such that tenants have to wait for 7 or more years as paupers in order to qualify and get flats?

The government allowing the public health system to continue to wither while supporting plans for "middle class" private hospitals?

The government temporarily delaying the influx of hordes of hukou-less Shenzhen residents until after an election because they know that the invasion will enrage ordinary HKers?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph098765:
    I am proud of the fact that local administrator has taken some solid steps to bring band equality in society. I have seen in most of the countries law / rules are bended for rich but here HK flat for HK resident is one solid step in favor of local people specially no so rich. You need guts to do this - very few can do this. BTW this doesn't benefit me or I am not affiliated to any political party / movement.
    It is just xenophobic nonsense purely as a political tool to garner votes. It is not possible that on such a minute scale it could possible affect the property market.

CY has stated he wants to take more people out of private housing and put them in public housing to solve the shortage of private housing. This shows weakness not strength.
    Gatts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:

CY has stated he wants to take more people out of private housing and put them in public housing to solve the shortage of private housing. This shows weakness not strength.
    The Dutch gov is doing the same. They are increasing rents on social housing for people with an -higher- income. By this forcing them to buy in the overvalued, over credited real estate market.

They are basically enforcing others to solve the problems they haven't adequately addressed...
    Last edited by dutchmen; 08-09-2012 at 05:42 AM.

In the US, in areas where outside influences drive up local property markets, local counties/regions have adopted a similar scheme. I think it is a good idea, if managed properly. My only fear in Hong Kong is that this system will be abused and corrupt and much like the public housing, there will be brand new Mercedes and BMWs parked in the carpark.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchmen:
    The Dutch gov is doing the same. They are increasing rents on social housing for people with an -higher- income. By this forcing them to buy in the overvalued, over credited real estate market.
    That is the opposite of what is happening here.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    In the US, in areas where outside influences drive up local property markets, local counties/regions have adopted a similar scheme. I think it is a good idea, if managed properly. My only fear in Hong Kong is that this system will be abused and corrupt and much like the public housing, there will be brand new Mercedes and BMWs parked in the carpark.
    How will it be possible not to allow it to be abused? Buy it and let it out at market rates.

It really is just populist nonsense that fools the electorate
    shri, Gatts, dear giant and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    That is the opposite of what is happening here.
    then I didn't understand the op's point & gov's measure... please inform.