Like Tree41Likes

Occupy given 1 hour to clear stuff. Police on scene.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:

Yes captiaslim is bad blablabla but then come up with alternatives, engage the people in power for discussion/debate or do somehting more.
    I thought the Occupy movement had done just that, all over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by randy1:
    Speaking of wierd people has anyone see those two elderly sisters, who look like witches and go around muttering to themselves? The Holt sisters I think they were called...
    Actually I am going to start a seperate thread on this...

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    I heard one had passed away and did see just one of them a few times but haven't seen her for a while.

Not sure of the names but remember reading a story where they were from a priviliged background and had a haberdashery shop but fell on hard times.

They always wore green, used to see them alot around 7am in Central.
    They used to come to the coffee counter I worked at, to ask for hot water, and I would try to engage them in conversation but they could only communicate with each other.

I think their shop was on On Lan Street.

By the by, I was shocked (but I suppose I shouldn't have been) to see On Lan St's last lovely pre-war building knocked down last year.
    Fiona in HKG and dear giant like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:

By the by, I was shocked (but I suppose I shouldn't have been) to see On Lan St's last lovely pre-war building knocked down last year.
    HK has outsourced historic buildings to Macau. It is no longer a core function of HK.

It's turning into a circus out there, bunch of people banging drums and dancing about. Some random lady tried to prevent me from using the escalator that links to Prince's Building, and the police are just standing around videotaping everything!

Bring the water hoses and fire trucks. Today is take out the trash day.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    I thought the Occupy movement had done just that, all over the world.
    I admire your idealism (I truly do) but I don't think the Occupy mvt achieved much tbh (especially in Hong Kong).

Maybe in the US (can't tell) it had some sort of effect but in Hong Kong??

Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunky:
    It's turning into a circus out there, bunch of people banging drums and dancing about. Some random lady tried to prevent me from using the escalator that links to Prince's Building, and the police are just standing around videotaping everything!
    At least they had a good lunch, they were obviously expecting the standoff - the police that is. I could hardly get near the Canteen counter in Prince's Building - a bunch of women police officers (wonder if that is in their job description!) were buying bag upon bag of char siu faan!

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    I admire your idealism (I truly do) but I don't think the Occupy mvt achieved much tbh (especially in Hong Kong).

Maybe in the US (can't tell) it had some sort of effect but in Hong Kong??
    They cause a thread to be created on geoexpat, I'll say that is some effect eh?

It was not even a protest per se. I come out of HSBC Main every day and have never seen a protester. Just some odds and ends lying in the sofa or in a tent.

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast