Like Tree27Likes

Mainlanders and DAB/Union activists make Hong Kong look like a bunch of crazies too!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Mainlanders and DAB/Union activists make Hong Kong look like a bunch of crazies too!

Hong Kong protesters join anti-Japan chorus

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/a...i-japan-chorus

..which begs the question, do we really need this:

"A visitor from Xian said she took part because she wanted to help put the pressure on Japan.

“Many of my friends joined the protest in Xian. And I feel the need to take it to the street even though I am in Hong Kong now,” she said. “People across China have to unite in getting Japan out of the Diaoyu Islands.”"

Last edited by packy_crusher; 17-09-2012 at 04:27 AM.
    dear giant likes this.

Have the Japanese issued a black travel alert for Hong Kong?

dear giant likes this.

It's actually amazing to see that well educated people get taken away by the frenzy of the mob. My wife included. There were huge rallys in my town yesterday and thousands turned out. I am sure they know very little to why they are protesting about the islands and more to do with the Chinese hate for the atrocities of the past.

I've even had our former warehouse guy say he will be the first to join in the fight when war happens....

Now China has the upper hand in world politics and their new blue water navy strategy which will be fulfilled in the next 3-5 years there is going to be alot more nervous countries around the Pacific.

Morons. Be they in shenzhen or in HK or any where in China...those are morons who never lived a war...

They should focus on way more important matters within the country.

When I hear them say...We should go to war over those frikkin islands I really feel they know nothing about what a war is. I never lived one but fron having an injured grandpa who fought the russians and another one who fought in Vietnam, Algeria and Morrocco....I can tell them...you do not want a war.

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks Mobile

dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Morons. Be they in shenzhen or in HK or any where in China...those are morons who never lived a war...
    Agree. Seems just like an excuse for violence and vandalism. Shoot on sight, with rubber bullets.

Like this?

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/a...aders?page=all

United we stand!
    J3n and dear giant like this.

emx, virago and dear giant like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:

When I hear them say...We should go to war over those frikkin islands I really feel they know nothing about what a war is. I never lived one but fron having an injured grandpa who fought the russians and another one who fought in Vietnam, Algeria and Morrocco....I can tell them...you do not want a war.

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks Mobile
    Or maybe you should't have taken their comments at face value. They don't want a war so much as to find an opportunity to vent and rant against their own government under the cover of a safe topic like Anti-Japanese sentiment. The news reported that one of the targets in Shenzhen was the local government office, not just the embassies. Why want to trash your own government? Or shopping malls? People looking for an excuse to riot. They are rioters, simple as that.
    Last edited by Watercooler; 17-09-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Or maybe you should't have taken their comments at face value. They don't want a war so much as to find an opportunity to vent and rant against their own government under the cover of a safe topic like Anti-Japanese sentiment. The news reported that one of the targets in Shenzhen was the local government office, not just the embassies. Why want to trash your own government? Or shopping malls? People looking for an excuse to riot. They are rioters, simple as that.
    Weren't many of the shopping malls Japanese shops/department stores?

Not necessarily Japanese as such but franchises, though few can make that distinction or care to. As long as it has some association with Japan it seems fair game, even though it does hurt the locals, too.
    Watercooler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    Weren't many of the shopping malls Japanese shops/department stores?

Not necessarily Japanese as such but franchises, though few can make that distinction or care to. As long as it has some association with Japan it seems fair game, even though it does hurt the locals, too.
    Yes, not to mention Japanese automobiles such as Toyota and Honda. Quite a few of those cars were overturned (or smashed). That "Japanese" connection is pretty thin honestly. But it's locals who built those cars, and local Chinese who staffed those malls. Pity they did'nt seem to realize that it's other mainlanders they are hurting as a result. Like I said, you can't really reason with mob mentality. Of course, there is most certainly real Anti-Japanese sentiment, but that is just a vague connection for them to unleash their pent up frustation against their own government using Japan as a cover. They know once they wave around the PRC flag and shout anti-Japanese slogans, their own government will "look the other way" or treat them with "kid gloves" when it comes to Japan.
    Last edited by Watercooler; 17-09-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Yes, not to mention Japanese automobiles such as Toyota and Honda. Quite a few of those cars were overturned (or smashed). That "Japanese" connection is pretty thin honestly. But it's locals who built those cars, and local Chinese who staffed those malls. Pity they did'nt seem to realize that it's other mainlanders they are hurting as a result. Like I said, you can't really reason with mob mentality. Of course, there is most certainly real Anti-Japanese sentiment, but that is just a vague connection for them to unleash their pent up frustation against their own government using Japan as a cover. They know their own government will "look the other way" or treat them with "kid gloves" when it comes to Japan.
    Agree. Sad but true.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast