Like Tree54Likes

tragic traffic accident in the international news.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Agree that blacking out does sound a bit strange.

Could he have simply fallen asleep? He was volunteering to work on his rest day.

dear giant likes this.

The bus driver was reportedly "unconscious" for 10 seconds. That seems a bit over dramatic.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks Mobile

What do you think they should have said then?

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    Agree that blacking out does sound a bit strange.

Could he have simply fallen asleep? He was volunteering to work on his rest day.
    I don't know, but the police and City Bus don't take excessively tired or otherwise careless drivers seriously in my opinion. I sent the following email, including pictures and a video, to the police, City Bus and the 1823.gov.hk email and got a really lame reply about contacting the bus company for driver retraining back from 1823, no response from the police or City Bus directly.

"I am writing to report a careless bus drier, on route 260 from Stanley to Central this morning, Friday, 27 July 2012. The bus number was 7015 and I believe it departed from the Stanley bus terminus at 9:33am. I am sorry, but I did not see the driver's name.

Throughout much of the drive from Stanley to Central this driver acted exceptionally tired, yawning, slapping his face with his hands, rubbing his eyes and placing his head down on the wheel. Additionally, during part of the trip he was driving with neither hand on the wheel, in traffic and in the rain. He was additionally texting while driving. I have attached a photo and video of him texting, yawning and placing his head on the wheel while the bus was in operation, on the overpass right outside of the Aberdeen Tunnel in Wan Chai.

Given the bad weather, rain and wet roads, it was quite disturbing to see a bus driver paying so little attention to driving and exhibiting such tired and careless behaviour, particularly the texting.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Regards,[ ]"

Quote Originally Posted by amitsingh_hk:
    Photographer must have felt really happy to get a glimpse of the dead bodies. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by elliee:
    ... He was additionally texting while driving. I have attached a photo and video of him texting, yawning and placing his head on the wheel while the bus was in operation, on the overpass right outside of the Aberdeen Tunnel in Wan Chai.

I haven't taken the bus for years.. BUT.. if I were, I sure as hell would talk to the driver if he was texting while driving!!!!!!!!
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Photographer must have felt really happy to get a glimpse of the dead bodies. Pathetic.
    Really bad. Doesn't help the family. That's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    What an utter scumbag for taking photos of the dead.

The local press has reported that the bus driver was 'foaming at the mouth' when he was out for the 10 or so seconds. Drivers passing out at the wheel is also not unheard of in HK, which has been blamed on mini-strokes, seizures, heart problems etc. So for people to automatically demand a 'better' explanation is quite uncalled for, in my opinion. I would also imagine that if he had merely fallen asleep, with all the screaming and commotion going on on the bus, he probably would have woken up within those 10 seconds.

So I can see where Mat was coming from. Why are people always baying for blood when they don't even have anything to do with it?

Mat, wtbhotia, Beuze and 1 others like this.

I'm amazed there aren't more deaths caused by minibus drivers, they are so aggressive and careless - I had thought the bus drivers were generally better trained and more considerate.

scrambler and dear giant like this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast