Like Tree54Likes

tragic traffic accident in the international news.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    From today's Mail:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Hong-Kong.html

absolute tragedy.
    May they rest in peace. My condolences to their families and friends.

And the taxi driver too. Grim reminder.

The report says there was 10 seconds between the moment the bus driver blacked out and the bus ramming the taxi. Might just be enough time for someone to step on the brakes or grab the steering wheel (of course, that's assuming you happen to stand near enough to the driver).

Although in this case, at least the bus driver in question had involuntarily lost control. In the Lamma ferry case, the ferry captains knew they were on a collision course but neither side yielded, sort of like a stare-down to see which ferry would "chicken out" first. What's worse, that ferry captain which was still operable just left the scene immediately afterwards. At least this bus driver didn't (and probably could'nt).
    Last edited by Watercooler; 21-11-2012 at 01:59 PM.
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by elliee:
    "I am writing to report a careless bus drier, on route 260 from Stanley to Central this morning, Friday, 27 July 2012. The bus number was 7015 and I believe it departed from the Stanley bus terminus at 9:33am. I am sorry, but I did not see the driver's name.
    "
    Have you considered forwarding a copy to a government representative and also newspapers?
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    Have you considered forwarding a copy to a government representative and also newspapers?
    No. I've just quit riding the bus. The problem with crap drivers in HK is just too widespread and I'm not going on a crusade. I honestly thought that with the video of the guy alternately texting and dozing off something would have been done, but if that isn't enough, screw it.

Quote Originally Posted by elliee:
    No. I've just quit riding the bus. The problem with crap drivers in HK is just too widespread and I'm not going on a crusade. I honestly thought that with the video of the guy alternately texting and dozing off something would have been done, but if that isn't enough, screw it.
    Now you are officially no longer a "green" or "new" expat. The easiest way to tell whether someone is new to HK is if they write to the SCMP to complain about taxi drivers . The old "pros" here just realized how hopeless trying to improve the driving standards of the "professional" drivers in HK.
    dear giant likes this.

You'd probably have got more reaction by putting it on YouTube, elliee. Sad, but true.

scrambler likes this.

nows the time to send ya video off... get on the bandwagon whilst theres time!
    mini bus drivers suck - had em pull out on me loads. the worst are the school buses for that- i nearly Tboned one twice now...

ps on topic of road safety- if u in a car at a T junction and a bike is passing infront of you please dont take the *pip-ping*horn as personal affront - we jus makin sure u noticed us - this is addressed to a larger older bald white bloke who gave me a filthy look and appeared to be mouthing something rude angrily -------->u were looking the wrong way mate! sorry but why take chances?

Quote Originally Posted by mrdollars:
    What an utter scumbag for taking photos of the dead.
    Yes, everyone knows it steals their souls...
    HowardCoombs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Certainly hope you don't mean you condone this appalling behaviour?
    Mat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    You just sunk a little bit lower. Congratulations.
    Mat and elle like this.

I think B.E was just referring to the local superstitions of not taking photos of the dead for that "steals their souls" . I don't think he was talking about being disrespectful towards the victim and their families. I don't think he was making light of the act of taking photos of the dead.

So everyone just chill...

Last edited by Watercooler; 21-11-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast