Like Tree61Likes

Racism in Hong Kong on every level.

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12

Jared, that's harsh. OP has a right to be pissed. Just don't call it racism and he should direct his anger to the right place.

Now this is racism
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3424026.html

Enright asked cab driver Ahmed Sharif whether he was Muslim, uttered an Arabic greeting and told him to "consider this a checkpoint" before slashing him.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    @OP
    This shit is getting old.. If you don't like it..Piss off as I am sure many others will gladly take your place in HK.
    "You know where the airport is" .....is the preferred phrase of GeoExpat....
    LegalizeHK, INXS and arrowsmith like this.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    Look I feel bad for the non-Chinese that got excluded. But your beef is with Nike, the sponsor of the event, not with the HK gov't or populace. In one of your earlier posts you said you did not blame Nike, just that they are acting in accordance to local customs. I call BS. It is Nike's money, it is their event. If they are strongly against such practice, withhold funding and not run the event.

This event is not about sport, it is about using a sport to get into a market. You need to take offense to the local Nike decision maker, who obviously was following a policy within Nike that other Nike shops in the mainland did not follow.

This is no different than GAP picking an Asian model to sell clothes in China (actually GAP would pick a white model for China since many Chinese assume foreign products means better quality). Do you think all the non-Asian models complain about racism in that case?
    Thanks for your comments, but you should know that these measures were welcomed by the local youth & no local HK person involved even tried to raise or mention this. Call it marketing, call it whatever, it's still discrimination & not right.
    My point is that it exists it HK. I know, I grew up here & experienced it first hand many times. Why I call it racist, is because those who are racist, don't even realize it, & what's sad is that we aren't doing anything to educate our youth, so they are growing up with these attitudes as the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    @OP
    This shit is getting old.. If you don't like it..Piss off as I am sure many others will gladly take your place in HK.
    Yes it is old. I only posted the original post ONE year after it happened to share with you all that this happened & the facts are in the Orignal post. I did not need you all to debate about this, I was simply sharing facts that occurred.

Yes, I don't like it, but I won't piss off. Hong Kong is my home & I will continue to fight for what I believe in.

Thank you all again. This is my last post here in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    "You know where the airport is" .....is the preferred phrase of GeoExpat....
    I think that would make a make a good initialism. YKWTAI!!! Nice and convenient to sling at the naysayers.

Quote Originally Posted by wZaHK:

Thank you all again. This is my last post here in this forum.
    I guess it should have been obvious from the start that the OP was a little sensitive...

I see alot of whiners on here complaining about HK racism. But HK is VERY tolerant already.
    Take a look at Japan

anti-foreign ultraconservative group that has recently gained attention for staging repeated demonstrations in an ethnically Korean neighborhood.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/18/wo....html?ref=asia

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    Jared, that's harsh. OP has a right to be pissed. Just don't call it racism and he should direct his anger to the right place.
    don't worry about jared. his idea of intelligent conversation is chatting to one of his teenage bar girls in TST.

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12