Like Tree100Likes

foreigners are "flawed by nature" say DAB lawmaker Christopher Chung

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

foreigners are "flawed by nature" say DAB lawmaker Christopher Chung

Australian Michael Lynch is the CEO of the West Kowloon Cultural District Authority. He joined the Authority in July 2011.

Christopher Chung of the DAB said foreigners should not have been appointed to manage the project because they were "flawed by nature" and they "knew nothing about Hong Kong".

http://rthk.hk/rthk/news/elocal/news...0628&56&931531 (FIXED LINK)

It seems they are using that as some type of excuse for the soaring HK$ 21.5 billion ++ budget to develop the West Kowloon Cultural District.

Last edited by JAherbert; 28-06-2013 at 11:22 AM. Reason: fixed link

your link is broken, this one works; http://rthk.hk/rthk/news/englishnews..._56_931531.htm
    as does this one: http://pastebin.com/Cenjtva6

People, time to grab your pitchforks

Does this piece of servile trash know that Hong Kong was built and continues to be built/managed by foreigners? Another delusional Mongol blaming the white man for his failures. Spare me.

I know exactly why WKT is in delay and it’s nothing to do with the senior management.

angeluscomplex and Sage like this.

I am so happy that Christopher Chung finally tells me what is fundamentally wrong with me. Of course after 20+ years of living in Hong Kong I know absolutely nothing about it... Now that I know that I am "flawed by nature", I can try to do something about it... like kicking the aforementioned person's butt.

carang, MovingIn07, ouwen and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dermotp:
    Does this piece of servile trash know that Hong Kong was built and continues to be built/managed by foreigners? Another delusional Mongol blaming the white man for his failures. Spare me.

I know exactly why WKT is in delay and it’s nothing to do with the senior management.
    Not all the foreigners are 'white' in HK btw....

21.5 billion?

We are talking about the strip of crappy grass/cement in front of elements right? :/

climber07 and angeluscomplex like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mid_gen:
    21.5 billion?

We are talking about the strip of crappy grass/cement in front of elements right? :/
    Yes, where they had the big turd there the other month.
    greenmark and angeluscomplex like this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

In Hong Kong, we don't have the occasional white elephant. We have a government that brings on a fucking big parade of them.

dermotp, elle, JAherbert and 6 others like this.

they should give to the clockenflappers - I reckon theyd know what to do with 21 billion

clockenflap back later this year

who enjoyed primalscream?

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL:
    Not all the foreigners are 'white' in HK btw....
    Thank you captain pedantic!

It's a fact that of the expat senior management here in HK, the vast majority are white.
    I do presentations at a very senior level and its white faces all around the boardroom table, if there are locals or other races they are few and far between.

Michael Lynch is white, I’ve met the man a few times and he is an absolute professional who has to put up with HK incompetence like rest of us “flawed foreigners” earning 6 figures per month.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast