Like Tree91Likes

whats up with the protesters holding the British colonial flag?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    Oh you, now you're bordering on insane:
    a) the 225,000 quoted was a number from the government (which was even disputed in the SCMP) of people that went to concerts, or other types of entertainment largely aimed at the elderly. The only pro-government rally got over 1000 people, and that was the number from the organiser itself (!), judged to be in the hundreds by reporters present, and according to SCMP a gathering of elderly people as well.

b) it's not only the fact that China Daily's headline differs, its the fact that they just omit the mass protest as if everything's hunky-dory. You see? Hilarious.
    You still don't get the point do you? Why should they report on the protests? It was their celebration and they obviously were just focused on that point. It's their party after all. if you don't want to attend this party then that's your problem. Why do you find it hard to allow other people's viewpoints?
    Some people want to celebrate, some wish to stay at home, some wishes to protest... So what's wrong with respecting the wishes of others? After all July 1st is reunification holiday. Why do you have to spoil it for those that wishes to enjoy this day?
    You seem to like those Bible bashers of old. Anyone who is not a believer is condemned to 100 years of damnation.
    INXS and Tioga like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HKITperson:
    You still don't get the point do you? Why should they report on the protests? It was their celebration and they obviously were just focused on that point. It's their party after all. if you don't want to attend this party then that's your problem. Why do you find it hard to allow other people's viewpoints?
    Some people want to celebrate, some wish to stay at home, some wishes to protest... So what's wrong with respecting the wishes of others? After all July 1st is reunification holiday. Why do you have to spoil it for those that wishes to enjoy this day?
    You seem to like those Bible bashers of old. Anyone who is not a believer is condemned to 100 years of damnation.
    Well no, its just pointing out that the one source of media blocks out all the "negative" aspects, so effectively showcasing them as 100% propaganda. SCMP, a pro-Beijing paper itself, does mention all veiwpoints during the day as you'd expect from a more reliable newssource. No need to blame me for spoiling your day, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    Hong Kong Island and Kowloon were British. It is you who needs the history lesson.
    ...and the NT was not British? ROFL

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks mobile app

Well no, its just pointing out that the one source of media blocks out all the "negative" aspects, so effectively showcasing them as 100% propaganda. SCMP, a pro-Beijing paper itself, does mention all veiwpoints during the day as you'd expect from a more reliable newssource. No need to blame me for spoiling your day, sorry.
    Not my day mate. Don't give a toss either way. People's Daily is a pro Government newspaper and doesn't pretend to be otherwise. So what's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by HKITperson:
    Not my day mate. Don't give a toss either way. People's Daily is a pro Government newspaper and doesn't pretend to be otherwise. So what's the problem?
    There is no problem, just hilarious to see them frantically trying to omit the real world. Now move on.
    Last edited by Gatts; 04-07-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Most HKers are not Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygen:
    Most HKers are not Chinese.
    Ummmm, so what are they?

Sent from somewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    Soon someone will say most HK'ers are not Chinese!

Sent from somewhere....
    Just saying that's all
    virago, HKITperson and ouwen like this.

There is no problem, just hilarious to see them frantically trying to omit the real world. Now move on.
    Well they also forgot to omit what I had for lunch, where miss Chan went shopping...etc
    That's the real world.
    All newspapers omit information that is not interesting for their readers.

Because they are ignorant and uneducated.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast